Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

leahyl wrote: »
    They have lovely new ham in their specially selected range - thin slices of barbecued/smoked ham - delicious in a white crusty roll with a bit of mayo :-P

Almost certain these are the same as "Fire & Smoke" ham that's in Tescos/Supervalu

Really nice though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Aldis version of Hula-Hoops taste just like the real thing.

no wonder.
    An Aldi customer has accidentally revealed why their own brand 'Hula Hoops' look and taste exactly like the real thing - they are made in the same place.

Shopper Graeme Clapp and wife Sarah bought a ten-bag multipack of the budget supermarket's 'Snackrite Hoops' for 99p.

But inside were ten bags of 'Hula Hoops' made by KP Snacks.

Hula Hoops normally cost around £1.60 for a seven-pack of crisps.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Slunk wrote: »
    Bought a pack of each. Tries the Monterey Jack so far. Tasty and they do melt very well. I'd definatley recommend. Hope the blue cheese are equally as nice

Son hoovered up TWO burgers with the blue cheese burger melts tonight. He loved them. I'd say they're only specials for Easter, though, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Twice now, TWICE I have accidentally bought the fruited wheaten loaf instead of the seeded one.
    Sultanas have no place in a ham, cheese and coleslaw sandwich!!! Bleurgh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Prawn crackers. I have no idea if they're new or not, but they're ADDICTIVE! I picked up a bag last week and realised (in a good way!) that was a mistake. Not as big as the ones you'd get from the Chinese but just as tasty, so I suppose that means you'll just have to eat twice as many ;) They're in a pink bag next to the Indian sauces and as far as I can remember were less than a euro, but I'm open to correction on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Not sure if already mentioned but the little pots of "Love Something" desserts. They have salted caramel ganache, passion fruit, lemmon and chocolate orange. Come in a little black ceramic pot. Delicious. Been in my local adli for a while now.

Hopefully those burger melts will stay. Maybe they trial them and if they sell well become permanent. Seems a lotnof this stuff is from the UK so maybe they have a larger range than ROI

Anybody have a picture of the burger melts? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The Tangy Cheese Pasta Salad continues to be so good!

Also today on special they have really fresh rhubarb at 39 cents a bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Anybody have a picture of the burger melts? :)
    e8rayb.jpg

In my Aldi they're in amongst the cheese section, although for a while they had them in with the meat section near the burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Alun wrote: »
    e8rayb.jpg

In my Aldi they're in amongst the cheese section, although for a while they had them in with the meat section near the burgers.

Also in the cheese section in my local!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

harr wrote: »
    Had the fresh tuna steaks (vacuum packed) from the fish fridge....wasn't mad about them to be honest had a bit of an after taste ...cooked tuna before from Tesco and M&S which I loved but was disappointed with these ones ��
    Posted about these a couple of weeks ago ...turns out I wasn't impressed for a reason and I wasn't imagining that they didn't taste great...and In fact I wasn't very well after eating them... full recall on this tuna last week..a bit late for me :eek: I did email them to say they tasted off...never got a reply.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/aldi-stores-recall-batch-of-irish-tuna-steaks-due-to-health-risk-35629698.html

• Registered Users Posts: 29,381 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Posted about these a couple of weeks ago ...turns out I wasn't impressed for a reason and I wasn't imagining that they didn't taste great...and In fact I wasn't very well after eating them... full recall on this tuna last week..a bit late for me :eek: I did email them to say they tasted off...never got a reply.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/aldi-stores-recall-batch-of-irish-tuna-steaks-due-to-health-risk-35629698.html

I'd be re-sending them that email, and informing them that you weren't well, and pestering them until you at least get an acknowledgment.

Not saying you should sue or anything, but ignoring that ain't good enough in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'd be re-sending them that email, and informing them that you weren't well, and pestering them until you at least get an acknowledgment.

Not saying you should sue or anything, but ignoring that ain't good enough in my book.
    Yeah I probably will, I sent them a photo of the package with batch number and best before date along with the email...hope I saved it now 🤔...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah I probably will, I sent them a photo of the package with batch number and best before date along with the email...hope I saved it now 🤔...
    It'll still be attached to the email in your sent items...

They've a new(ish) beer (I only got around to gulping one this evening) called "Das Frühlings festbier" which has the old style swing top on them.

Honestly it's very very good. I recommend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

^^Those burger melts are good, I'm usually pretty minimalist with my burger toppings but they make for a good burger!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Bassfish wrote: »
    ^^Those burger melts are good, I'm usually pretty minimalist with my burger toppings but they make for a good burger!

Have them with the brioche burger buns and Angus burgers, and cook in the oven rather than under the grill (MUCH juicier!)

Eeden wrote: »
    Bassfish wrote: »

Have them with the brioche burger buns and Angus burgers, and cook in the oven rather than under the grill (MUCH juicier!)
    They're now doing seeded brioche buns, they're the biz!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Those seeded Brioche buns appeared for about 2 weeks a couple of years ago and were never seen again, hope they're back this time for good. Theres a 4 pack of multi-seed bun mixed in with the other buns and bread thats perfect for burgers aswell.

I started rolling the Angus burgers flat with a rolling pin after seasoning them myself with just salt and pepper then making a little hollow in the middle so they dont puff up, absolutely the nicest burgers you can buy now when you do that imo, out of the packet as big thick lumps of beef I was finding them a bit bland. The Edam slices over in the cooler are perfect burger cheese aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

Anyone been in store and noticed the Pakoras not being restocked at their local store? I haven't been able to get them for 2 weeks and I'm coming out in cold sweats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

They have a new Alcafe light cappucino. Its in nice big sachets 10 per box and I love it

BTW could you freeze those burger melts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Anyone been in store and noticed the Pakoras not being restocked at their local store? I haven't been able to get them for 2 weeks and I'm coming out in cold sweats!

Don't say that..
    I'm doing my bit to keep them on the shelves :)
    Love them and the Mediterranean falafel..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I saw today they have Iced Coffeee drink in the fridge cafe latte, I didn't get one but il probably get one 2morrow.

juneg wrote: »
    BTW could you freeze those burger melts?
    Can't see why not! Would leave them out a couple of hours before use though.

Have they discontinued the specially selected 1/4lbers?

Just left an Aldi (Clane) and no sign of them anywhere, just boxes of other quarter pounder burgers, "Oakhurst" (maybe something else, didn't quite get the name)

Travesty if true :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Couldn't find them in my local aldi either a week or 2 ago. Oakhurst ones weren't bad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Anyone know if the carrot falafel is gone? Hasn't been in my local store that past 2 times I've been but the sticker on the shelf still has them listed. Much prefer them to the beetroot/med ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

They are now stocking sugar free sweets, I had them before in the UK, they are yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone know if the carrot falafel is gone? Hasn't been in my local store that past 2 times I've been but the sticker on the shelf still has them listed. Much prefer them to the beetroot/med ones.

Never saw a carrot one, saw sweet potato falafels though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Haven't seen the carrot one in ages, I'd say it's not coming back, it was my favourite as well. Dunnes actually do these falafels as well, they might still stock it?

Advertisement