Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Sleeve of wizard

Had the Thai red curry paste tonight, and thought it was incredibly bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Had the Thai red curry paste tonight, and thought it was incredibly bland.

I tried the red and the green and was disappointed tbh. Won't buy again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Is there any place you can buy oven plastic roasting bags. They are really handy for roasts but aldi nor tesco stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Is there any place you can buy oven plastic roasting bags. They are really handy for roasts but aldi nor tesco stock them.

Amazon ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Like Turkey bags? We always got them in Dunnes, granted it's been a couple of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Tesco have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Sleeve of wizard

the bratwurst sausage s are delicious, we had them on a bbq during the week, and they were really good inside a finger roll with some hotdog pickel and ketchup, they were equally good this evening again when we grilled them and served them with some mash and gravy.

extremely moreish.

(the chilli ones by the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I think I saw them in Mr. Price

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Or Supervalu stock them as well.....for various sizes of roasts....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I got the jambons today, can't wait to try them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/cookware-accessories/toastabags-standard-roasting-8-bags-25cm-x-38cm/invt/071612

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

The bags of jellies for 79c are great, only prob there's only about 9 sweets in it !

Picked up a new Dairy Free Spread for the housemate today. Avocado and Rapeseed Oil. They had another one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Picked up a new Dairy Free Spread for the housemate today. Avocado and Rapeseed Oil. They had another one too.

Brilliant!! Any good? If they get in soya yoghurt I'll be done with Tesco for good

Will report back in the morning. He’s delighted they’re increasing their lactose/dairy free range.

[sQUOTE=Carrie6OD;103949445]Brilliant!! Any good? If they get in soya yoghurt I'll be done with Tesco for good[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Brilliant!! Any good? If they get in soya yoghurt I'll be done with Tesco for good

They do lactose free yoghurt in a green pot. Not sure if its nice though...

They do lactose free yoghurt in a green pot. Not sure if its nice though...

Thanks. I need the soy stuff, like alpro brand. Hoping Aldi will start doing similar, seems to quite popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

The 0% fat greek yoghurt is great. I use it as a creme fraiche/cream replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

The 0% fat greek yoghurt is great. I use it as a creme fraiche/cream replacement.

Can you use it for cooking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Can you use it for cooking?
    I do anyway use in all my curries and it cooks in fine ...lovely with the Red Thai curry paste

• Advertisement

Will report back in the morning. He’s delighted they’re increasing their lactose/dairy free range.

[sQUOTE=Carrie6OD;103949445]Brilliant!! Any good? If they get in soya yoghurt I'll be done with Tesco for good
    [/QUOTE]

I forgot to report back Carrie, he tried the spread on a bagel, said it twas grand, man of few words.

I was surprised it looked just like spread, I was expecting green stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Just saw in the weekly brochure that they've added two new Indian curry sauces to their Specially Selected range.
    Indian Makhani and Vindaloo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Yep... both are hot stuff... can't wait to try them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

harr wrote: »
    I do anyway use in all my curries and it cooks in fine ...lovely with the Red Thai curry paste

ah that's good. I tried to use coconut milk but it never works out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Zelda247 wrote: »
    ah that's good. I tried to use coconut milk but it never works out well.
    Just add it in near the start of cooking before oil separates from curry paste.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Just saw in the weekly brochure that they've added two new Indian curry sauces to their Specially Selected range.
    Indian Makhani and Vindaloo.

And I see a Katsu Curry Kit :)

I forgot to report back Carrie, he tried the spread on a bagel, said it twas grand, man of few words.

I was surprised it looked just like spread, I was expecting green stuff.[/quote]

I got it! Just like any other spread. It's no butter but great for my new dairy free life!

Carrie6OD wrote: »

I was surprised it looked just like spread, I was expecting green stuff.

I got it! Just like any other spread. It's no butter but great for my new dairy free life![/QUOTE]

Forgot to say they have a coconut and rapeseed oil one too.

I got it! Just like any other spread. It's no butter but great for my new dairy free life!

Forgot to say they have a coconut and rapeseed oil one too.[/quote]

I saw that, but it's double the amount of saturated fat (if you're watching that kind of thing). So I opted for the avocados and I'm happy enough!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Can anyone recommend me a good quality brand of coffee?

Advertisement