Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

I got the No1 candle yesterday from beside the cleaning items - amazing :)
    https://www.aldi.ie/lime%2C-basil-%26-mandarin-glass-candle/p/072819157803201

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

The block of Banana Ice-cream.

Reminds me of being a kid, a thin slice between two wafers. Remember when you could buy a wafer in the shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭gingergirl

Just made curry with Keralan Curry Kit, really delish

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

250g Irish VIntage specially selected White Cheddar, jesus h what a cheese, and on special at minute for I think €1.59, eat at room temp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

vicwatson wrote: »
    250g Irish VIntage specially selected White Cheddar, jesus h what a cheese, and on special at minute for I think €1.59, eat at room temp

Can vouch this is delicious!

• Advertisement

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Can vouch this is delicious!

Yeh, unreal for the price, made in West Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'll have to pick up some of this cheddar you're all raving about.
    I do like cheese but my other half REALLY likes it.
    I'll report back.
    Oh and I have to stock up on those Seabrook Chicken Jalfrezi crisps before they disappear. They are unbelievably good.

Picked up some of the BBQ style Pastrami slices the other day. Nice and tender but not overly keen on that flavour so might pick up the New York style flavour next time I'm in the shop.

Loving the Apple and Mango juice by Del Rivo too. Really nice; a bit thick in texture so be wary of that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

[
    fussyonion wrote: »
    I'll have to pick up some of this cheddar you're all raving about.
    I do like cheese but my other half REALLY likes it.
    I'll report back.

I've gone through 3 packets in a week.

gizmo81 wrote: »
    The block of Banana Ice-cream.

Reminds me of being a kid, a thin slice between two wafers. Remember when you could buy a wafer in the shops?

Ya still can, in aldi iirc, last time i got some i got them there anyway.

Vintage-White-Cheddar.jpg?o=myhTLHlTXKyKfjKJvbfW%24rZICP0j&V=2IUs&w=200&h=250&p=2&q=88

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Lads, that cheddar is UNREAL. You're a bad influence, I have half the block nearly gone already.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Doyles small batch Irish gin is "as good a gin as ever you'll taste" according to my good wife, however I've noticed a possible supply issue with it of late.

Very limited stock it would seem, I managed to get a bottle yesterday in my local, but it was the last bottle on a shelf that had been empty the best part of a week or so.

If only Aldi would start selling some elderflower flavored tonic now, I'd have little to no reason to nip in to tesco at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    Doyles small batch Irish gin is "as good a gin as ever you'll taste" according to my good wife, however I've noticed a possible supply issue with it of late.

Very limited stock it would seem, I managed to get a bottle yesterday in my local, but it was the last bottle on a shelf that had been empty the best part of a week or so.

If only Aldi would start selling some elderflower flavored tonic now, I'd have little to no reason to nip in to tesco at all.

It's Boyle's gin.
    Winning an IWSC Silver medal created a huge spike in sales. We're making and bottling it as fast as we can.
    Neither Aldi or ourselves saw this demand coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It's Boyle's gin.

My bad, auto correct.

Something I also recommend is their "cotton candy" grapes from the specially selected range that's on the shelves at the minute.

They're like chewing on little juicy balls of candyfloss, freeze them and the kids think they're eating mini frozen lollies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

LizT wrote: »
    Lads, that cheddar is UNREAL. You're a bad influence, I have half the block nearly gone already.

We've been buying this for months! Very tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,378 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anyone know if the specially selected chilli sauce with the spices in the lid on top is still available? Or the butter chicken?

Looks like I've to do a huge cook for a party.... this would get me out of a right hole, but I think I remember reading on here a while back that they're no longer stocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Anyone know if the specially selected chilli sauce with the spices in the lid on top is still available? Or the butter chicken?

Looks like I've to do a huge cook for a party.... this would get me out of a right hole, but I think I remember reading on here a while back that they're no longer stocked?

The Chili sauces have been gone for months, which is a shame. Not sure about the butter chicken, never bought that.

The Chili sauces have been gone for months, which is a shame. Not sure about the butter chicken, never bought that.
    Well bugger and blast it anyway.

Don't suppose anyone has a cupboard-full of them that they want to sell? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Can anyone recommend a bottle of pressecco? Like a not very strong one./ for someone that doesn't drink wine that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Well bugger and blast it anyway.

Don't suppose anyone has a cupboard-full of them that they want to sell? :D

I got a jar of butter chicken in Naas last week so still stocked I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,753 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yeh, unreal for the price, made in West Cork

Bandon Vale Cheese Ltd according to the export code (IE 1867) make the Specially Selected vintage white cheddar.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The butter chicken was back in my local Aldi today. Hadn't seen it in over a month.

Whispered wrote: »
    The butter chicken was back in my local Aldi today. Hadn't seen it in over a month.

Oooh, thanks guys! Will make it my business to get to an Aldi quick and check it out!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Whispered wrote: »

Checked my local Aldi today. Butter Chicken is listed on the price label for curry sauces above the shelf so that at least is still being sold.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Aldi have gone the whole hog with the chocolate bar rebranding mimicking Cadbury's chocolate.

They have yellow snack, purple snack and now PINK Wafer, which I believe Cadbury discontinued.

Tasty and only 59c for a funsize 6 pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Checked my local Aldi today. Butter Chicken is listed on the price label for curry sauces above the shelf so that at least is still being sold.

I also got a jar in Aldi Terenure yesterday too

I used to love the 2litre Tropical juice but they changed the receipe and now has reduced sugar and it's absolutely horrible now, so sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

fin12 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a bottle of pressecco? Like a not very strong one./ for someone that doesn't drink wine that often.

Aldi only have 2 or 3 types of Prosecco and all are fine. I think there's an organic one which comes in a different style bottle so it would be a bit of novelty

I also got a jar in Aldi Terenure yesterday too

Just FYI for anyone else who's interested in these.... fair play to Aldi's customer services rep on email, they were back to me in jig time!

Apparently the butter chicken sauce is part of their core range so is always available. The chilli sauce is part of their seasonal range, so only available in the winter months :(

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    Aldi only have 2 or 3 types of Prosecco and all are fine. I think there's an organic one which comes in a different style bottle so it would be a bit of novelty

Thanks I got the green bottle with a yellow label. Was nice. €10.

Advertisement