Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi... what do you recommend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Just FYI for anyone else who's interested in these.... fair play to Aldi's customer services rep on email, they were back to me in jig time!

Apparently the butter chicken sauce is part of their core range so is always available. The chilli sauce is part of their seasonal range, so only available in the winter months :(

Good to know. That means stocking up on the Chili Sauce in February :P

Will put a reminder on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

dudara wrote: »
    Aldi only have 2 or 3 types of Prosecco and all are fine. I think there's an organic one which comes in a different style bottle so it would be a bit of novelty

the organic one is very good, polished off a bottle the other night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

Does anybody know if the Hot Makhani Indian Sauce that was recommended here some time was a seasonal. Bought a few(not enough!) at the time but haven't been able to find them the last few times I have been in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MB05

prodsc wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the Hot Makhani Indian Sauce that was recommended here some time was a seasonal. Bought a few(not enough!) at the time but haven't been able to find them the last few times I have been in!!

I think I saw that one in the specials aisle in my local Aldi (Coolock) on Saturday so I'd say it's seasonal. It could still be in your local one just not with the other sauces. Maybe walk the 'specials' aisles and see if you can see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It was in the specials aisle, so probably, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I wonder what happens to the leftover stock in the specials aisle.
    Where does it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I know this is the food thread but I'm desperate! Has anybody seen the wetsuits that were in a few weeks ago still for sale? Men's ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

MB05 wrote: »
    I think I saw that one in the specials aisle in my local Aldi (Coolock) on Saturday so I'd say it's seasonal. It could still be in your local one just not with the other sauces. Maybe walk the 'specials' aisles and see if you can see it.

No did the walk today ...no sign of it.:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Whispered wrote: »
    I know this is the food thread but I'm desperate! Has anybody seen the wetsuits that were in a few weeks ago still for sale? Men's ones.

None in the Swords branch this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Havent seen any in a while, if none are reported here I'd recommend Portwest, they always seem to have a sale on, v reasonably priced and slightly thicker than the previous aldi ones, great starter one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

fussyonion wrote: »
    I wonder what happens to the leftover stock in the specials aisle.
    Where does it go?

not sure about aldi but the stuff in lidl it sometimes goes back on sale very heavily discounted rate. The back page of the brochure has very bold colours with 20% off 50% 80% off etc. I think stuff might be colour coded on those sale days indicating how much of a discount there is.

Some shops might sell out of things much faster than others, just because of the local demographic. e.g. torches were on sale in the one near my work for weeks, but were sold out in the nearest aldi to my house.

my guess was it went back to some warehouse and they might have data on where best to resell stuff.

Here is an old thread calling it a warehouse clearance
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057424007

There's a man's large and medium here in Bray right now if that's any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Nearly sure I saw them in Blessington the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Mexican Bean soup-delicious & a steal at 1.79e for 400mls

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

That sounds lovely,is it on a shelf or in the fridge?

Fridge,along side the chicken & veg,mixed veg, tomato & marscapone all good.there are a few other fancy ones in a range, beetroot & a green one not for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Local Aldi in Naas had a makeover recently. Much better use of the space but it'll take time to get used to the new layout.

Cazale wrote: »
    Local Aldi in Naas had a makeover recently. Much better use of the space but it'll take time to get used to the new layout.

Kells too-the aisles seem much wider, you end up pushing the trolley down one side and back up the other...or running over and back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Cazale wrote: »

I was travelling through Naas the other day on a work visit and happened to drop in on the Naas (not the Monread one) Aldiz and thought it had a makeover alright....

Hadn't been in it in a while, but it was very impressive alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Just FYI for anyone else who's interested in these.... fair play to Aldi's customer services rep on email, they were back to me in jig time!

Apparently the butter chicken sauce is part of their core range so is always available. The chilli sauce is part of their seasonal range, so only available in the winter months :(

Thanks for that info, I too miss that chilli sauce a lot. Great to hear it is coming back because I actually did a tour of several Aldi stores looking for it when it vanished earlier this year. At least the Rose of Tralee is over now so winter is definitely in the post and it will be back then, will be stocking up for sure to get me through the summer months haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Got the chorizo potatoes yesterday and they are fab they also have chilli which I also got but haven't tried yet, but the chorizo ones are fab... The secret chef is on the foil tray...sorry but I can't remember what isle I got them ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Is this still available? No sign of it this morning in my local branch, was hoping to try it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

I like the 4 pack of multi-seeded baps for around 70c but the last few packs lumps of flour unmixed in the baps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Is this still available? No sign of it this morning in my local branch, was hoping to try it
    There was lots of them in the Newlands Cross (Dublin) shop a couple of days ago. Well worth trying if you find it.

It's mixed up with some other flavours in typical Aldi style, so it's a bit hit and miss if there are any left.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Oh wow the Skyr yogurts are fab. I bought one pot last week, just to see if it was nice; the Strawberry one. Lovely it was. Nice and thick and the strawberry sauce was really nice.

High in protein too so great for after the gym.
    This week I stocked up on the strawberry, blueberry, cherry and mango flavours so we'll see what they're like.
    I wish they were sold as a multipack though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Got the Mexican bean soup this evening. Not bad at all. It reminded me a bit of a vegetarian chilli as it's quite thick. Would have been nice with a dollop of sour cream on top I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Got the Mexican bean soup this evening. Not bad at all. It reminded me a bit of a vegetarian chilli as it's quite thick. Would have been nice with a dollop of sour cream on top I think.

So its just me who can't find it :o
    Where abouts in the shop was it? I dunno how i missed it

They had lots in Kells just now too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

In my local store it's about halfway down on the left on the first aisle, just after the salads/leaves and just before the meat section starts.
    I think the little mini tubs of sandwich fillers were next to it.

Advertisement