Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone use St Tropez in shower tan?

Options
  • 20-06-2015 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

I never wear fake tan but I have a couple of events coming up over the next few weeks and would like to take the blue look off my legs. I was wondering has anyone tried the new St Tropez in shower tan? Is it any good? Does it smell? I'm looking for something hassle free that won't stink and just give a very gentle glow. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

There were a good few posts about it in the latest cosmetic purchases thread. It seemed to be all negative feedback tbh. I would stick with the normal mousse one. Its very easy to use and natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Yeah reading the instructions it seems a bit fiddly, you have to turn off the shower for three mins and apply it, lol I thought you just used it instead of shower gel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

ncmc wrote: »
    Yeah reading the instructions it seems a bit fiddly, you have to turn off the shower for three mins and apply it, lol I thought you just used it instead of shower gel!

Yeah when i read the instructions I was like "that's just making the shower a very uncomfortable experience" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Didn't work for me except for two spots of tan on my foot that still hasn't come off. Was really hoping this would be good as it sounded cool. I'm just glad I didn't go for the 3 for 2 option.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I used it and found it awful! Left me with streaks on my neck and wrist and not much of a colour anywhere else. It also made me stink of fake tan. Luckily it washed off in the pool on holidays, and now I have a very light real tan from the sun!

My favourite fake tan is dove gradual tanner, and it's one of the cheapest also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Rubbish, as its as a gradual tan, I tried it 3 days in a row following instructions exactly but couldn't see any difference in colour whatsoever.... Waste of money!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Don't waste your money. And I'm also very suspect of all the great reviews it's getting online as everyone I know who have tried it thinks the same as me. It's basically a very expensive shower gel that leaves you with the smell of fake tan but no actual tan. The only bits of colour it left me with were patches of tan on my knees and elbows that took ages to remove. I could smell the waft of tan off me for days after. Horrible stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I'm so glad I checked before buying! Think I'll try the Dove gradual or maybe the cocoa brown.

Advertisement