Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resistance bands

• 20-06-2015 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hey guys

does anyone know where I can get a good deal on resistance bands?

I've had a look on ebay / rogue fitness and found some "Rubberbanditz" bands but they're quite expensive ( 30 euro +). Links in previous threads are coming up dead.

I only need them to progress to normal un assisted chin ups

Thanks a million !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I got mine in D8 fitness - very good quality and they have a good selection:
    d8fitness.com/product/power-bands-x-3-special-offer/

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

I got mine in D8 fitness - very good quality and they have a good selection:
    d8fitness.com/product/power-bands-x-3-special-offer/

cheers ! if anyone knows of a Cork based store that would be amazing :) !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

I got a set on amazon delivered for about €30 to help me with P90x I found out the hard way you use a much lighter one than you would a dumbbell etc worth noting.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

benny79 wrote: »
    I got a set on amazon delivered for about €30 to help me with P90x I found out the hard way you use a much lighter one than you would a dumbbell etc worth noting.

Cheers :)
    Would you mind mentioning the brand /link to yours ?
    Selection on amazon is very varied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

My physio recommended theraband

Amazon usually has it:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/field-keywords=theraband

I tend to buy long rolls of it, cut it (with a scissors) to the size I need and use it. I found amazon to be cheaper than anywhere I would find around Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭shutup

I got some from "gymless" on adverts.ie

Has anyone got a list or examples of exercises that can be done with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

its from a few years back but just as valid today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The bands on myprotein are pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Does anyone know where I can get handles for bands? I have seen some online in the US but not here and would prefer to order locally or in the Uk if possible.

I have D8 fitness large loop powerbands, was going to cut them and add handles. Not sure if this will even work?

• Advertisement
Advertisement