Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a way to transfer funds to Irish account instantly from overseas?

Options
  • 20-06-2015 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Is it possible to avoid having to wait a few days for an international money transfer?

I am in the Uk and wish to transfer funds to my AIB account asap as I need to be able to make a direct payment from that account but need to put the money in first.

If I do a standard uk to ireland transfer it will take a while.

Is there a service that can do this instantly or do you always have to wait for a few days?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sebbplatter

Could you expand on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You can't do an instant credit to your Irish account.

If you have a UK bank you can do a same day SWIFT transfer which will mean that the money should be in your Irish account the same day. But it's going to be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would there be a possibility if you had a First Trust account that the money could be transferred same day as they are owned by AIB? Possible same could be done with an RBS account to Ulster Bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

Third party services, such as Currencyfair or Transfermate, may well be quicker than traditional bank transfers and will certainly be better value for an expedited transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Could you expand on that?

The only way for "instant" transfers is from another Account with the same bank. Transfers between Irish Banks take a few hours.

Transfers within the SEPA zone are normally next day.

If you really need "Instant" from abroad, then something like "Western Union" is your only option, but it aint cheep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Patrick Wheelock

you can get same day value on payments from the UK to ROI but you'll pay for the privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Transferwise works in 4 hours for me if you execute the transfer before 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

If you don't mind some extra setup, you can open a Sterling account with AIB, then transfer directly from that to your Irish account.

Advertisement