Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemist's selling generic drugs in North county.

Options
  • 20-06-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Anyone know of any chemist's selling generic drugs in North county dublin. I know there is one in raheny but is there any others?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Prescription? Mccabes in swords

• Registered Users Posts: 68,803 ✭✭✭✭L1011

All of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭rumar

Sorry I meant presciption generic drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I think that Strand Street Pharmacy in Skerries has what you are looking for.

• Site Banned Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Youngblood.III

Just ring any one and give them the name of the drug and ask what generic they have of it...most if not all do generics now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Every pharmacy sells generic drugs, prescription or not. However, that piece of information isn't very useful to anyone as, presumably, you need a specific drug. Get the name / dosage and phone your local pharmacies and see how much they charge.

I suspect that all branches in a pharmacy chain will charge the same for the same drug.

Many pharmacies, even the small ones, have websites, usually with an email address / contact form and other contact details.

There is a map of all pharmacies here: http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/maps/ - about 100 total in Fingal

• Registered Users Posts: 68,803 ✭✭✭✭L1011

rumar wrote: »
    Sorry I meant presciption generic drugs.

Same answer. All of them.

If you're looking for a specific drug you need to first find out if there is a generic, secondly if the generic is actually cheaper than the brand and thirdly if it is even an option - certain prescription drugs are not suitable for substitution for medical reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭northdubgal

McCartans in Castlemill balbriggan do

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I am pretty sure McCabes do.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Tesco pharmacy in Balbriggan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement