Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documents required for Haven Mortgage Approval extension?

Options
  • 20-06-2015 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am approved for a mortgage since last Feb until the end of August. I want to extend the approval for another 6 months. Can anyone who have been through this with Haven before give me the exact details of what documentation they looked for when trying to extend the time.

Cheers
    thelid

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

thelid wrote: »
    I am approved for a mortgage since last Feb until the end of August. I want to extend the approval for another 6 months. Can anyone who have been through this with Haven before give me the exact details of what documentation they looked for when trying to extend the time.

Cheers
    thelid

You will have to call them to confirm what the requirements for your application are. What one person needs may significantly differ from what the next person will require.

But at a minimum I would guess, up to date bank accounts, pay slips and salary cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I concur. Anything that has changed, or could have changed will be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thelid

Victor wrote: »
    I concur. Anything that has changed, or could have changed will be needed.

Nothing has changed or will change, But is there anyone who actually knows what is the standard documentation that is needed rather than is guessing, accepting that it may differ for different people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

I expect they will want the same documents you provided the first time. It's the only way they can be confident that nothing has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thelid

Senecio wrote: »
    I expect they will want the same documents you provided the first time. It's the only way they can be confident that nothing has changed.

We have been told they only need 3 payslips and 3 months bank statements instead of 6 months Bank statements, salary cert, credit card statements etc as its not a new application just an extension on an existing offer,

Can someone confirm or otherwise this from their own experience dealing with haven?

Thanks

thelid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭vertmann

I don't have the exact details to hand just now but I had to furnish them with almost the same documentation as first time round. I had to send the salary cert to HR to sign, produce utility bill, bank statements (think 3 months of current, 6 of savings ) and 3 months of payslips. I was going through a broker though, if that makes any difference?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

thelid wrote: »
    Nothing has changed or will change, But is there anyone who actually knows what is the standard documentation that is needed rather than is guessing, accepting that it may differ for different people?

I know one person who will 100% know what you need. The haven mortgage broker you are dealing with. Just give him a call on Monday. It won't make much difference now on the weekend anyway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭vertmann

that helps a lot thanks.. was that long ago?

It was around the start of May - my original mortgage approval was 5 months gone at that stage. I've no idea if that affected what I had to gather together. This is a direct copy/paste from the email I was sent by the broker for documentation to assemble:
    • ​​Salary Certificate to be completed by your employer
    • 3 months up to date payslips
    • 6 months up to date current account statements
    • 6 months up to date savings statements
    • 3 months credit card statements ( if applicable)
    • Copy of ID
    • P60
    • Copy of Utility Bill
    Hope this helps :)

Advertisement