Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First gaming pc 1300e limit help

Options
  • 20-06-2015 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I was originaly going to buy the alienware x51 for around 1350e but then I came across this forum and read a few threads. I am new to pc building and my knowledge on it is quite basic so I was hoping someone could help me and suggest a build for around 1000 -1300e and guide me in the right direction

So if anyone could suggest a better build than the x51 for that price range that be great. Case wise I was thinking of the bitfenix prodigy but if there is better cases I'm open to offers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i5 4690k €250
    GTX 970 €350
    Nanoxia DS3 €70
    8gb RAM €5p
    2tb HDD €80
    120gb SSD €65
    250gb SSD €85
    H97 board €80
    500w PSU €60

1100 roughly. If you're willing to wait you could fit AMD fury or 300 series card. Released next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 prb909

i5 4690k €250
    GTX 970 €350
    Nanoxia DS3 €70
    8gb RAM €5p
    2tb HDD €80
    120gb SSD €65
    250gb SSD €85
    H97 board €80
    500w PSU €60

1100 roughly. If you're willing to wait you could fit AMD fury or 300 series card. Released next week.

I won't be buying until this Friday , do you know how much would it be in total with the fury roughly ? Is this the fury x we are talking about ?

Any of them. I dunno what the final prices are, anything under €550 will fit the bill anyways. Nano, Fury or Fury X

Okay thanks ,

What about case fans would they come with the case or do I have to buy them separate ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

prb909 wrote: »
    What about case fans would they come with the case or do I have to buy them separate ?

Some cases come with fans but usually have space for more as well.

Once you pick a case it'll tell you if/how many fans are included then you can decide I you want more or want led ones etc...

Nanoxia has 3. My i5 idles at about 22°c with one

Is 500w supply enough if I ended up choosing the fury x over the gtx 970 , and is there any supply in particular you would recommend ? Like a be quiet one or what ?

I would think 500w would cover any consumer card, maybe 600w if you pick the Fury X. BeQuiet would be my personal recommendation yeah.

im just wondering how would you order the parts then? would you do it through hardwareversand or go through geizhals and pick the cheapest one there

• Advertisement

Go through geizhals to find the hardwareversand links, prices a little lower then, but order all from Hwvs so you don't get shafted on delivery

I am about to order of hardwareversand and im just wondering what happens with the warranty if i get them to put the pc together for me ? do i need the boxes off all the components or how does it work ?

Don't know about a full system warranty, likely just on a component by component basis. Could be wrong, asking them is the best way to find out.

Generally the parts most likely to die are the cheapest, HDDs or RAM

I actually ended up buying all the parts on their own , thanks for the reply tho , Im just wondering do you know how long does the delivery take to Ireland ?

Took 7 days for me twice. If you're rural it'll take 8 as UPS don't go rural every day

Also could you recommend any good gaming keyboard and mouse for around 100e all together ? thanks

No, wouldn't be the best man in those fields. I'd recommend going cheap on the mouse and getting a good keyboard, or cheap on the keyboard and a good mouse though, instead of mid-range for both

Advertisement