Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant for sunny wall in pot?

Options
  • 20-06-2015 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

So I want to train a plant to cover a wall about 8 feet high and 12 feet wide, it's on a stone area so I'd have to plant it in a pot or some other type container.
    It's a spot out side double doors so something nice to look at would be good.
    It's a very warm sunny area in summer.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Confederate jasmine ( trachelospermum jasminoides)
    Evergreen, fast growing, once established, white flowers, beautiful scent. You will need to plant any climber you decide on in a deep container as they need plenty of root room. Cover the wall in trellis or stiff plastic netting, mounted on battens, so the plant can twine around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

Yeah I'm wondering how big a pot I'd need, the wall is about 10 foot wide and 8 feet high.
    Also wondering what say non plant pot but fit for purpose things I could use.
    Like could I get old pc monitors and use them as hanging baskets?

Advertisement