Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Antrim have beaten Laois in the Football Qualifiers

• 20-06-2015 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭

Antrim have beaten Laois in the Football Qualifiers.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Very unexpected even more so when 3 of antrim's better players were dropped for playing club league games yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

That my friends is a prime example of complacency , going into a game thinking ''sure we'll beat these lads handy no need to make too much of an effort''. Some one should really have reminded Laois its the Championship the form book goes out the window no team wants to be finished in June even the the so called lesser teams want to be playing in July August and most importantly September and Laois got what they deserved today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Ok I'll be the one to ask.
    Is it really that much of a shock ?

Neither have done much in the championship for years, although I do remember Antrim contesting an Ulster final a few years back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Neither have done much in the championship for years, although I do remember Antrim contesting an Ulster final a few years back

It's a shock in my opinion.

Laois on paper actually have a decent enough team and probably should have beaten Kildare the first day.

I'd say the beating they took from Kildare set them back a long way in terms of morale and perhaps they weren't as motivated today.If the teams were to play 10 times I'd have Laois down to win 9 out of ten.

Fair play to Antrim though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

I'd agree it's not much of a shock in taking the talent laois have over Antrim playing wise their manager Flaherty who with westmeath resigned and Galway was sacked he doesn't really strike me as a intercounty manager and I'll put it this way I doubt he's native kerry fans would be huge advocate him management at any intercounty teams their

Management is imo hugely important modern game now days
    I doubt very much if he'll be successful with laois and I wouldn't be surprised if he walked away
    Very committed and manager and gentle man by all accounts but inter county senior all about performance and results now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Bad day for Laois between the football and hurling. Vibes seemed to be bad in Antrim this year but that's a good win. In all honesty I saw a lot of games in division 2 this year and the standard was poor. The championship is proving how poor it actually is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

I'd agree it's not much of a shock in taking the talent laois have over Antrim playing wise their manager Flaherty who with westmeath resigned and Galway was sacked he doesn't really strike me as a intercounty manager and I'll put it this way I doubt he's native kerry fans would be huge advocate him management at any intercounty teams their

Management is imo hugely important modern game now days
    I doubt very much if he'll be successful with laois and I wouldn't be surprised if he walked away
    Very committed and manager and gentle man by all accounts but inter county senior all about performance and results now
    As I thought flaherta has resigned as manager of laois
    This was always on the cards in he either walked or was sacked from previous management jobs in Galway and westmeath

It still won't surprise me in he'll be with another county in two years despite he's poor record with three different counties
    People should realise just cause you from kerry doesn't mean they are all great managers
    They even have management that are unsuccessful

Advertisement