Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What forum on Boards baffles you?

• 20-06-2015 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭

It's got to be the Psychics and Mediums Forum for me. The fact that people actually believe it is crazy and that Boards caters for them with a forum is worse.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Doesn't quite baffle me but more excites me - Mustard forum.

My Little Pony has it's own special place for special people 😀
    http://touch.boards.ie/forum/1604

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

My Little Pony. Baffles and creeps me out in equal measure.

Edit: Beaten by strawberry milkshake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The Leitrim Forum. Much the same as the actual county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Weinberg wrote: »
    The relationships forum, it's main purpose seems to be to entertain people with other people's relationship problems. You see the same people posting there all the time.
    Personal issues is where it's at to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

This one some right oddballs starting downright bizzare threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Weinberg wrote: »
    The relationships forum, it's main purpose seems to be to entertain people with other people's relationship problems. You see the same people posting there all the time.

Attention Seeking Forum would be more appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

It's got to be the Psychics and Mediums Forum for me. The fact that people actually believe it is crazy and that Boards caters for them with a forum is worse.

Pretty shocking allright, especially the way these people are known conmen and fraudsters and are STEALING vulnerable peoples money - terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It's what makes boards interesting, a huge bank of resources with many niche interests catered for. I oftentimes search for things and find new forums I never knew existed.

But to answer your question I still can't get my head around the mustard forum. Is it some sort of in joke or something?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's what makes boards interesting, a huge bank of resources with many niche interests catered for.

I totally agree, but I do wonder wtf is going on in the heads of the people who post in the Conspiracy Theories forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

I don't know wtf a flirtar is or what goes on there.
    The nocturnal forum looks like a weird little clique of a place.
    The Pony thing is sad and shouldn't be encouraged, I didn't know there was one of those.

There are a good few dead forums that should be culled or combined. The more you branch the more users you lose on your new forum. Like the TV forums. One thread is enough for a show, but some shows have their own forums and of course they're almost all graveyards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

The paranormal forum is funny as hell.

I probably shouldn't laugh at people being fooled, but if you're dumb enough to believe that sh1t…

Best of all are the anecdotes of the really hopeless con artists psychics
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77857343&postcount=43

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Sex & Sexuality forum

I thought it would be durty

It's boring :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Mod: While mentioning a forum once or twice isn't bad the problem is this thread is already descending into insulting people from other forums which is just going to get carded if it's continued so I'm locking it to prevent that.
    Cheers, BD.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement