Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Computer Science vs Undenominated

• 20-06-2015 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Undenominated engineering is down as my first choice on CAO and right now I'm looking at computer science as the most likely transfer for my second year (although I'm still not fully sure). Looking at the first year timetables though they seem to be quite different, so I'm wondering if anyone has any advice? Would I be better off going straight into computer science or going through undenominated?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Are you fairly sure you want to go into computer science for second year? Undenom ENGER v Comp Sci are a considerable bit different In first year but its what you want at the end of your degree that matters. If you are edging towards going into computer science then why not start off first year doing it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I agree with The Lost Sheep here. I know people who have transferred from Undemoninated Engineering to CS&IT after 1st Year and settled in fine, but if you have yourself set choose CS&IT as a higher choice on the CAO than Engineering in my opinion if you prefer CS.

It depends if you want to do IT or Engineering really, that's the question that you need to think about. If you are in doubt, then doing Engineering might be a better idea as you can transfer to CS&IT if there's space etc, but don't do Engineering if you know you are going to do CS&IT for the rest of your degree.

Advertisement