Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's your favourite film scene?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 James2016

Totally agree with the bank heist in heat also the cafe seen with Pacino and de Niro is superb. So many good scenes in that film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Four candidates stand out. Apologies if people haven't seen them.

1. Not strictly a scene.... but the opening to Star Wars.

Twentieth Century Fox intro

"A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away"

Then the screen goes black for five seconds and then..... BAM!

2. The start of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy in Budapest.

You can cut the tension with a knife.

Mark Strong's character knows that there's something wrong.

The waiter is nervous and sweating. An old lady looks out of an upstairs window and retreats immediately. The Hungarian defector continues to smile as if nothing is amiss. A train rumbles by. Mark Strong makes his excuses and stands up.

3. Last of the Mohicans.

When Daniel Day Lewis and his Mohican friends try to save the English girl from her Huron captors.

The Fiddle Song is haunting in the background. The English girl jumps off the rocks rather than be a Huron slave. And then the epic battle between the Last of the Mohicans and the chief Huron.

4. The opening to Inglorious Basterds.

In the French farmhouse, when Shoshanna and her family are under the floorboards and the Nazi Landa knows it.

He carries out his interrogation of the French farmer in both French and English and the tension mounts.

When he switches to English, he knows that the Jewish family don't speak English. He pretends that everything is calm & polite... and then comes the onslaught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

I know the film as a whole wasn't a classic, but the Kaneda solar panels scene from Sunshine is amazing..........and I can't post the clip because youtube seem to have removed it. Here's the audio though

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HjY3NO4qoYc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I shot Marvin in the face- Pulp Fiction

https://youtu.be/LBBni_-tMNs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Henry and Karen's date in Goodfellas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭robdonn

I admit that some of these could be classified as my favourite lines, but it's the scenes that make them.

American Beauty - Exercise advice

¡Three Amigos! - Infamous

Christmas Vacation - Can't see the line, can you Russ?

Home Alone - Dressed like a chicken?

Austin Powers - The Spy Who Shagged Me - Jerry Springer

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Dunford

The Watch scene.

Advertisement