Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop repair

Options
  • 20-06-2015 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭

Anyone knows good laptop repair shop in KK city?

My Sony Vaio has loose charging pin, which always need a sweet spot to charge battery. Anywhere cheap I could get it fixed? :confused:

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

I had the same problem with a vaio a couple of years ago and got it repaired in the place in the market cross for around €80 I think it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭masterboy123

thanks for the info. 80 is loads. i will try to check if they have reduced the price now.
    Comerman wrote: »
    I had the same problem with a vaio a couple of years ago and got it repaired in the place in the market cross for around €80 I think it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

80 euro sounds about right. What model is it?

its E series, bought in 2011. everything else is working fine.
    toe_knee wrote: »
    80 euro sounds about right. What model is it?

• Moderators Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭Spocker

I've done similar repairs myself recently, and €80 is about right. The replacement power jack has to be sourced and delivered, the entire laptop disassembled, old jack removed (sometimes via desoldering, sometimes via a plug), new one installed, laptop reassembled and tested. It's not a 5 minute job, more like an hour or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

My Sony Vaio has loose charging pin, which always need a sweet spot to charge battery. Anywhere cheap I could get it fixed?

Could try new place over in mac donagh junction toadal it

mine has cable plug which makes it slightly faster and easier to repair.
    i will try to find disassembly video and order DC jack which costs about 15$.
    But thanks for input
    Spocker wrote: »
    I've done similar repairs myself recently, and €80 is about right. The replacement power jack has to be sourced and delivered, the entire laptop disassembled, old jack removed (sometimes via desoldering, sometimes via a plug), new one installed, laptop reassembled and tested. It's not a 5 minute job, more like an hour or two.

Advertisement