Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chinese beside the mater hospital

Options
  • 20-06-2015 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

is there any good chinese beside mater hospital Dublin. I try rainbow in cabra. it would help if there is good parking beside it thanks for the help.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Dublin County North.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Canton City on Manor St.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭skinnie

New Victoria on Dorset St. is good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Mr Snow wrote: »
    is there any good chinese beside mater hospital Dublin. I try rainbow in cabra. it would help if there is good parking beside it thanks for the help.

New Century at Hart's Corner is decent (although check Streetview re parking). If you're driving, Millennium Chinese in the Maple Centre at the Navan Road/Cabra Roads junction is a bit further away but good (and has plenty of parking).

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

I agree about Millenium, we've used it for years. The car parking is very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Pearl River is hands down the best Chinese in that area. Park in Phibsboro shopping centre and it's not even a 2 min walk. It's no more than a 5 min walk from the Mater hospital

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I eat at pearl river and welcome city, very good.

Hannibal wrote: »
    Pearl River is hands down the best Chinese in that area. Park in Phibsboro shopping centre and it's not even a 2 min walk. It's no more than a 5 min walk from the Mater hospital
    I eat at pearl river and welcome city, very good.

You might want to read this in today's Irish Times:

Eight food businesses shut down in June for safety violations

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Can't read without paying? was shut down? Damn it was so tasty.

Can't read without paying? was shut down? Damn it was so tasty.

If you copy the story title into one of your other browsers you should be able to read it (you can read "ten stories per device" free per week according to The Irish Times but in reality you can read ten per browser so on just my phone I have three browsers so read 30 articles free per week).

Or, the relevant part: "Pearl River in Phibsborough, D Limit African & European Restaurant on Ballybough Road in Dublin and Shanghai House in Cork were served closure orders."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

gaiscioch wrote: »
    You might want to read this in today's Irish Times:

Eight food businesses shut down in June for safety violations
    My heart sunk when I read it but I drive past it every day and haven't noticed it closed once. I would be interested to see the violation because some of them can be quite small and nonsense but I won't be eating there until I find out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Don't bother with Rainbows, I ate ocassionally from there for years as it was one of the best around but stopped at the start of the year as the quality of their food had dropped, went back a few weeks ago to see was there any improvement to which there wasn't or if anything it was even worse.

Millennium on the Navan Road is probably one of the best in the area.

Hannibal wrote: »
    My heart sunk when I read it but I drive past it every day and haven't noticed it closed once. I would be interested to see the violation because some of them can be quite small and nonsense but I won't be eating there until I find out

It doesn't say precisely here. But the closure order was served on 04/06/2015, and it was lifted on 12/06/2015. So presumably Pearl River is open again. I'd be surprised if this doesn't cause it permanent damage. Directly across from Pearl River was Giles Brothers fishmongers. They had been there since the 1950s, but in January 2014 they received a closure order. They reopened but didn't last. They are completely gone now. What a sad end to a lifetime's work.

I see John Doyle's pub, on Doyle's Corner, also got some sort of closure order for over a month - 8.5.2015 to 17.6.2015: "John Doyle's Bar (Closed activity: Production of ice in the basement ice machine)".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Most domestic kitchens would fail similar inspections. I'm absolutely sure mine would. We survive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

gaiscioch wrote: »
    It doesn't say precisely here. But the closure order was served on 04/06/2015, and it was lifted on 12/06/2015. So presumably Pearl River is open again. I'd be surprised if this doesn't cause it permanent damage. Directly across from Pearl River was Giles Brothers fishmongers. They had been there since the 1950s, but in January 2014 they received a closure order. They reopened but didn't last. They are completely gone now. What a sad end to a lifetime's work.

I see John Doyle's pub, on Doyle's Corner, also got some sort of closure order for over a month - 8.5.2015 to 17.6.2015: "John Doyle's Bar (Closed activity: Production of ice in the basement ice machine)".

I don't know. Look at Quinn's in Drumcondra! Still packed on match days despite the most vile and horrific breach of the H&S regulations.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/horror-of-quinns-pubs-sewagecovered-cellar-on-allireland-match-day-30906553.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Chess is quite nice as well

Advertisement