Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pace is the trick

Options
  • 20-06-2015 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Ok, so I've just entered the Frank Duffy 10 mile and the Dublin Half Marathon with one eye on the full Marathon in October.

This is my blog. I'm 13 stone 4 lbs but my ideal weigh would be 12 stone. I'm a 35 year old male. From here on in I intend to log my food, runs, moods and other habits. An honest account of my training and days to the Marathon.

My most recent race is a 5k (about 6 weeks ago at this stage) and that was 21:50, I generally run around 20 - 25 miles per week but I am obviously hoping to increase that mileage now.

My goals would be to run the 10 mile <80 mins, the half marathon in < 1:45 and then run a sub 4 marathon.

Should be fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭overpronator

Very attainable goals with your 5k time. The best of luck, this place is a great resource for advice, nice song choice too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

All the best. Attainable with the right training and attitude alright, although no one knows what will happen in the last few miles of the first (or any) marathon. :) Similar 5k to you so your goals are definitely reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭calabi yau

10 miles this morning at 10.5 min miles, about 1:44 mins running. Diet wise not so hot, but I did burn off a lot of calories this morning and what the hell, it was fathers day!

Water from here on in.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-21%20at%2018.45.58.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

You might want to take a look at the DCM Novices thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057429723

Best of luck with your log and your training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

calabi yau wrote: »
    Ok, so I've just entered the Frank Duffy 10 mile and the Dublin Half Marathon with one eye on the full Marathon in October.

This is my blog. I'm 13 stone 4 lbs but my ideal weigh would be 12 stone. I'm a 35 year old male. From here on in I intend to log my food, runs, moods and other habits. An honest account of my training and days to the Marathon.

My most recent race is a 5k (about 6 weeks ago at this stage) and that was 21:50, I generally run around 20 - 25 miles per week but I am obviously hoping to increase that mileage now.

My goals would be to run the 10 mile <80 mins, the half marathon in < 1:45 and then run a sub 4 marathon.
    ]

dont give to much info on your habits now, there could kids readin ;-) :-D
    calabi yau wrote: »
    10 miles this morning at 10.5 min miles, about 1:44 mins running. Diet wise not so hot, but I did burn off a lot of calories this morning and what the hell, it was fathers day!

Water from here on in.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-21%20at%2018.45.58.png

what app is this may i ask? looks very good.
    fair play to ya anyways and best of luck with it all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement