Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibility of increasing the upload speed?

Options
  • 21-06-2015 2:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

I am with eFibre and i do a lot of uploading.

The best upload speed I can get for now is around 20 Mbps and the best download speed I have is almost 100 Mbps. I wonder if the upload speed can be set as fast as the download speed? I saw from your website stating that "most people download much more than they upload, therefore broadband download speeds are always set to be faster than upload speeds". --- Does this mean the upload speed has been limited to a certain value? If yes, can the limit be removed?

I am asking this question because the relatively slow upload speed has been affecting my everyday use. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

icylava wrote: »

The best upload speed I can get for now is around 20 Mbps and the best download speed I have is almost 100 Mbps. I wonder if the upload speed can be set as fast as the download speed? I saw from your website stating that "most people download much more than they upload, therefore broadband download speeds are always set to be faster than upload speeds". --- Does this mean the upload speed has been limited to a certain value? If yes, can the limit be removed?

I am asking this question because the relatively slow upload speed has been affecting my everyday use. 
    20Mbps upload is one of the fastest you can get in Ireland, and nope, they will not be able to increase it. 

Only FTTH would offer asynchronous download/upload, but even then Eircom will only be offering 1GB/100Mb, which is what you would want, but sadly that service is only launching in a very small list of areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭icylava

Thor wrote: »

20Mbps upload is one of the fastest you can get in Ireland, and nope, they will not be able to increase it. 

Only FTTH would offer asynchronous download/upload, but even then Eircom will only be offering 1GB/100Mb, which is what you would want, but sadly that service is only launching in a very small list of areas.
    Thanks very much for this info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

HI icylava

I can also confirm that 20Mb is the highest upload eircom can offer with eFibre broadband.

Thanks for your input here Thor

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭icylava

HI icylava

I can also confirm that 20Mb is the highest upload eircom can offer with eFibre broadband.

Al
    Thanks, Alan!

So as Thor mentioned, Eircom is rolling out the FTTH service which will feature the 100 Mbps upload speed. Can you confirm this upload speed of FTTH? 

And what are the availabilities of FTTH in the five major cities (Dublin/Cork/Limerick/Galway/Waterford) in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

HI icylava

Al
    Thanks, Alan!

So as Thor mentioned, Eircom is rolling out the FTTH service which will feature the 100 Mbps upload speed. Can you confirm this upload speed of FTTH? 

And what are the availabilities of FTTH in the five major cities (Dublin/Cork/Limerick/Galway/Waterford) in Ireland?
    Hi icylava

I'm unaware of what upload speed to expect but I'll check this out for you.

FTTH is not available yet however it is on Pilot - more details here http://fibrerollout.ie/fibre-pilot/

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement