Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will eircom install an Ethernet port in my house

Options
  • 21-06-2015 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I want an Ethernet port installed in my room so I called eircom and they said if they install a new port I would have to be paying for a whole new package aswell as the one I'm paying for now. What should I do? Any h

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Vv2332 wrote: »
    I want an Ethernet port installed in my room so I called eircom and they said if they install a new port I would have to be paying for a whole new package aswell as the one I'm paying for now. What should I do? Any h
    Hi Vv2332

This is not a service eircom offer I'm afraid. I'm sorry you were not given a detailed response on this previously, you would have been advised that you would need to pay for a whole new package as the only alternative eircom can offer is by installing another line/socket with it's own separate socked to attach a different modem to.

I highly recommend exploring this yourself and discussing with a local electrician.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Vv2332

Hi

This is not a service eircom offer I'm afraid. I'm sorry you were not given a detailed response on this previously, you would have been advised that you would need to pay for a whole new package as the only alternative eircom can offer is by installing another line/socket with it's own separate socked to attach a different modem to.

I highly recommend exploring this yourself and discussing with a local electrician.

Cheers
    Al

Thanks for the answer I will see in one of the local electricians will be able to do it.

Vv2332 wrote: »
    Hi

Cheers
    Al

Thanks for the answer I will see in one of the local electricians will be able to do it.
    No worries Vv2332

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

try a powerline adapter if you dont like putting holes in yer wall. they work great

Hi Vv2332

Yes, homeplugs are a great alternative option - more details here: http://www.eircom.net/accessories/homeplugs/

Cheers for the advice ssmith6287

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement