Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will eircom install an Ethernet port in my house

Options
  • 21-06-2015 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I want an Ethernet port installed in my room so I called eircom and they said if they install a new port I would have to be paying for a whole new package aswell as the one I'm paying for now. What should I do? Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Get a pair of homeplugs. Attach one next to the rother, and one in your room.

It works on most houses.

here are some cheapish ones that, as an eircom customer, you should be able to get; http://www.eircom.net/accessories/homeplugs/homeplugs/plug2/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Vv2332

obplayer wrote: »
    Do you have broadband in your house already? Sorry, I have to ask this.

Does WIFI not work?

I have broadband already and the wifi does work but I just prefer a wired connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Vv2332 wrote: »
    I have broadband already and the wifi does work but I just prefer a wired connection.
    Why? For gaming, or what? Also, are you in a house that only has one fuse board? Are you able to make alterations in the house (ie; own, not rent the place), and if so, would you know of any electricians who could sort you out with the cables?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

the_syco wrote: »
    Vv2332 wrote: »
    Why? For gaming, or what? Also, are you in a house that only has one fuse board? Are you able to make alterations in the house (ie; own, not rent the place), and if so, would you know of any electricians who could sort you out with the cables?
    Hi Wv2332

I've replied to your other thread

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057449910

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement