Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbankroft hall, Greenhills road extension, Tallaght. Safe to live?

Options
  • 21-06-2015 4:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello everyone.. I'm moving to Dublin in July and looking for an apartment in Tallaght.. I know tallaght does not have a good reputation regarding safety.. But i heard that all areas of tallaght are not the same.. Does anyone know how safe this particular building/area is? I'll be working in rotunda hospital and tallaght hospital for 6 month each.. And after much thinking and searching, I have decided to get an apartment in tallaght.. I don't know if it's a good decision or not.. Any suggestion would be welcomed..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ancel

cordless wrote: »
    Hello everyone.. I'm moving to Dublin in July and looking for an apartment in Tallaght.. I know tallaght does not have a good reputation regarding safety.. But i heard that all areas of tallaght are not the same.. Does anyone know how safe this particular building/area is? I'll be working in rotunda hospital and tallaght hospital for 6 month each.. And after much thinking and searching, I have decided to get an apartment in tallaght.. I don't know if it's a good decision or not.. Any suggestion would be welcomed..

I've lived in tallaght for 8 years near Springfield, my Granddad and Nan have lived in westwood for over 30 years with no trouble.

I've never had trouble in my life in the area, I've only ever seen one homeless person on the street and several parking at the MacDonalds near the square at night but they didn't give me even a look. The only trouble I've heard from was from some travellers beating up some lad 4 years ago and taking his money. Westwood is a really nice place, Springfield is a little ruffer but full of nice people. That's all i can say about Tallaght.

Advertisement