If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MRW10 hum/noise

Options
  • 21-06-2015 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I purchased the Monitor Audio MR 5.1 speaker package in January from the Liverpool store and after a couple months I started hearing a low hum noise coming from the sub. I disconnected the phono cable thinking it was coming from the amp but the noise was still there with nothing connected to it.

Do you know what this could be? and is this something that can be fixed?

Stephen

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

S.Hammond wrote: »
    I purchased the Monitor Audio MR 5.1 speaker package in January from the Liverpool store and after a couple months I started hearing a low hum noise coming from the sub. I disconnected the phono cable thinking it was coming from the amp but the noise was still there with nothing connected to it.

Do you know what this could be? and is this something that can be fixed?

Stephen
    Hi Stephen.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your sub.

Is the hum noticeable when the sub is outputting sound? All electrics can generate some kind of electrical hum from the power running through it.

In terms of getting the sub repaired if it is faulty. You would need to contact the Liverpool store to see if they can arrange this with you. The unit might returned to them for repair. 

You could also have a read over the following:
    http://www.axiomaudio.com/tips_eliminate_hum

Let me know what you think.

Any questions please ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Spinone

Hi , Had similar issue with a Vektor 8 sub - very annoying hum during quiet parts of movies etc , no matter where i plugged it in , with or without sub cable attached , I called MA and they offered me a new V8 amp for 1/2 price at 80 sterling as it was out of warranty , new amp arrived same issue so rang them again and the sent out a BRW10 amp which i believe is the same wattage , still a slight hum but not as bad as the previous VW8 amp

Did a quick search and in that Range of subs MA have had some hum issues , call the store first , then MA

Tks

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.