Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceanfree mail - how to access an account not used for years...

Options
  • 21-06-2015 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Hey - I had an Oceanfree email account years ago (prob nearly ten years now) and I haven't accessed it since I lost the password about seven years ago. Anyone know if there is any way that I can view that account again - who would I contact? I am desperate to get some very sentimental emails that were on the account and will do anything I can to retrieve them - thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Ocenfree is now owned by BTIreland so your best bet would be to probably contact them. Contact info is here

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

hcass wrote: »
    Hey - I had an Oceanfree email account years ago (prob nearly ten years now) and I haven't accessed it since I lost the password about seven years ago. Anyone know if there is any way that I can view that account again - who would I contact? I am desperate to get some very sentimental emails that were on the account and will do anything I can to retrieve them - thank you.

I was in a similar situation as this before, wanting to access an old Oceanfree account - contacted BT Ireland and they were unable to help. But let me know how you get on with this, I'd love to get access to my old account again! Best of luck!

It's quite possible that the account has been deactivated. Some of these accounts have a 90 day expiry, such as from iol.ie:
    16) Ireland On-Line allows each customer to set-up their own e-mail addresses. However, e-mail addresses registered which are inactive for a period of more than 90 days will be terminated and that particular address will then become available for use by another customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Its LOTS more than 90 days since I logged into mine, still works!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I remember trying years ago to remember my password, couldn't back then and still can't now.

The forgotten password thing is not live anymore it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The webmail still works and telnetting to it on port 110 works too.
    I am pretty sure BT gave up supporting it about 10 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭maebee

Moonbeam wrote: »
    The webmail still works and telnetting to it on port 110 works too.
    I am pretty sure BT gave up supporting it about 10 years ago.

Hi, could you please provide a link where I could log in to my old email address at Ocean free? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

maebee wrote: »
    Hi, could you please provide a link where I could log in to my old email address at Ocean free? TIA

Blacknight took over the running of oceanfree from BT a few months ago. However, if you didn't receive the email from them to migrate your mailbox to their infrastructure, then I think your account is probably gone now.

https://www.blacknight.com

Advertisement