Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon 2015

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Those serving stats from Petra were pretty incredible, it's gonna take a phenomenal effort to stop her reaching the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Groth's serve is huge. His "sorry mate" thing is very annoying.
    Come on Roger, you're a legend. Make number 8 and bow out in style.

I dunno. I think it's only proper that he apologises after botching a throw. It doesn't seem like he's being in anyway insincere or trying to game a point

Earliest Wimbledon exit for Sabine since her 2008 debut. Can't say I'm too sad to see her gone.

So surprised Garbine has won three matches at Wimbledon, including taking out Kerber, was expecting a R1 exit for her.

Weird that one of Wozniacki, Muguruza, Niculescu or Bacsinszky will be a semi-finalist, especially given that only one of them has even been as far as the 4th round before. Bacsinszky has to be a good bet for the SF spot.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

JJ having a go against Petra now. Petra having a bit of a wobble. Hope she gets it done, honestly think she's the only one even likely to give Serena a tough time.

Just by the way, because people were asking earlier, the "Serena Slam" is Serena holding all 4 Slams at once, which she can achieve if she wins Wimbledon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Petra gone!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭bing3

Thats a big surprise. Kvitova up a set and and a break, JJ turns her ankle and Kvitova crumbles. Serenas for sure now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

Petraaaa :(

Um... WOW! :D

Earliest Wimbledon exit for Petra since 2009.

Top half of draw is super loaded compared to bottom half. Who'll be the bottom half finalist now? This is a super chance for Aga, although she's not in good form. Keys might be a good pick but she's not yet consistent enough. Could even be Bacsinszky? Such a shame Safarova is in the top half.

• Advertisement

Petra has now flopped at four of the last four slams she's played. Hopefully will encourage her not to put all her eggs in the Wimbledon basket!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Murray's hair is becoming more and more see through. You can nearly see the slice of ham on the back of his head. Nadal is going down the same road.
    My guess is Nadal will retire this year. Doesn't look happy at all. He'll be able to buy himself a shorts that fits him then, and not have to be constantly pulling the jox out of his arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Wicklow Brave

Really? Because I find watching someone like Nadal play Ferrer pretty stomach churning but I have this magic thing called a mute button so I don't have to listen to it.

Nadal grunting is one of the most beautiful sounds in sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Some turn-around for Seppi here.

Lol, Murray calling for his own physio now. Serious gamesmanship going on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

CFlat wrote: »
    Some turn-around for Seppi here.

Lol, Murray calling for his own physio now. Serious gamesmanship going on here.

But wait isn't this what murray also complains about djokovic doing

Ah Fûck off murray

Just give murray the trophy now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Murray is borderline unwatchable when he is in the come on/fist pump after every point mode.

Order restored though, surprised Murray even got himself into that situation in the 3rd set but that's what happens with trainers. Complete momentum shifters every time. Seppi has totally imploded, probably won't win another game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Switched over to Monfils-Simon during Murray's medical time out and glad I did. This is where the entertainment is- some absolutely brilliant tennis being played by both players. Such a high quality match.

John.Icy wrote: »
    Murray is borderline unwatchable when he is in the come on/fist pump after every point mode.

Order restored though, surprised Murray even got himself into that situation in the 3rd set but that's what happens with trainers. Complete momentum shifters every time. Seppi has totally imploded, probably won't win another game.

Yeah he is , can't stand the fat farmer .

And that Fuxking audience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

No he isnt. When he is psyched up that is when tennis is at its absolute best. I love it the very second he pumps his fist and screams and swears. Probably if he was Irish you would love it, but as the Irish are ****e at Tennis you will just have to put up and shut up! MURRAY FTW!!!! AHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH

No he isnt. When he is psyched up that is when tennis is at its absolute best. I love it the very second he pumps his fdist and screams and swears. Propbablyt if he was Irish you would love it, but as the Irish are ****e at Tennis you will just have to put up and shut up! MURRAY FTW!!!! AHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH

oooooor I just dislike the over exuberance for no need? going up 15-0 on serve does not require much celebration IMO. I don't like watching anyone do it at all, whether they're British, Russian, Chinese or whatever, thanks very much :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Different strokes, different folks. :)

Elsewhere; Simon and Monfils having a great little match here. Funny to contrast it to their match in the AO awhile back which was probably one of the worst matches in history.

If you're on Twitter I suggest searching "Andrew Castle" and having a read through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Elsewhere; Simon and Monfils having a great little match here. Funny to contrast it to their match in the AO awhile back which was probably one of the worst matches in history.

Who? #itsallaboutmurray

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Simon and Monfils is a lot of fun. Talk of switching to centre court to finish it this evening too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Elsewhere; Simon and Monfils having a great little match here. Funny to contrast it to their match in the AO awhile back which was probably one of the worst matches in history.[/QUOTE]

Im really enjoying this match. There's some fantastic tennis being played and a good bit of humour between the two French men. Very entertaining stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Monfils v Simon is brilliant, could watch Monfils all day! Will be interesting if they move it to centre, I hope they do but I have never seen them do that before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

You should all switch over to Setanta, who have Simon-Monfils on. Never seen such a good-spirited match with so much fun. Simon and Monfils laughing and joking with each other. Monfils interacting wit the crowd and they're loving it. Hilarious to watch. He's such a talented player and a great character and plays such an exciting style of tennis. It's just a shame he is so inconsistent and a bit of a choker.

Looking like it'll be moved to Centre under the lights to finish. Really hope the No,1 Court crowd get to go over with them.

I know it's a bit entertaining but Simon vs Monfils matches are terrible. They have a million 30+ shots rallies and then they're both exhausted and people think they're brilliant for playing so long when really one of them could have played properly and won it in 3 shots.

As I said, it makes for entertaining viewing, for a while, but I find them both annoying.

• Advertisement

Just noticed Setanta live is running on a delay, live scores on the official Wimbledon website are ahead by around 10 seconds or more.

Meanwhile, this match is getting better and better. Monfils hits the ball scarily hard sometimes and Simon is a fantastic defender. This match should really be continued on centre court. Makes no sense to to complicate the schedule.

Tickle, I'd usually agree regards Simon/Monfils matches but this is being played with much better spirit and fight in fairness, and some rallies are only going long due to some fantastic defense. Monfils is certainly not holding back looking to grind out rallies.

Advertisement