Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

fullstop wrote: »
    Why did Kyrgios just stop him when he was about to serve there? He's just acting the ass to put him off it looks like

True.

However its not exactly something new, lots of players do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Why did Kyrgios just stop him when he was about to serve there? He's just acting the ass to put him off it looks like

Sorry I was talking about Troicki ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,483 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Rjd2 wrote: »
    True.

However its not exactly something new, lots of players do it.

Yeah but that combined with all the other crap he was at...and at 4-4 in a tiebreak.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Murray never shuts up whinging between points, makes him really unlikable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

A sportsman complaining when he knows he played a bad shot? Well I never!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Mousewar wrote: »
    They should arrest anyone who uses a two-handed forehand.

OK, time for some honesty here, big breaths, say it loud and proud. The rumours are true - yes, I have experimented with this technique, both left hand high AND even low, in my desperation to find a consistent forehand. I find it works best in my living room.

Yeah but that combined with all the other crap he was at...and at 4-4 in a tiebreak.

Oh yeah agreed, acted the absolute brat all day. Normally don't mind him, heck actually quite like him but despite having a bet on him at 2-0 down, I wasn't to sad to see him go, and I am not exactly swimming in money.:P:o

Yay!

Team Muguruzu ftw.:):D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I think any of the women on the bottom half of the draw can make the final. I'd love it to be Muguruza, but I think it'll be Bacsinszky.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Assuming Serena makes it to the final it'll probably be the easiest match she plays at Wimbledon this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

This Karlovic lad has some serve on him. I think Murray's a bit rattled.

36 years old...holy god. I hope he's finished growing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Assuming Serena makes it to the final it'll probably be the easiest match she plays at Wimbledon this year.

You'd think so, but she has a habit of making so called easy matches difficult. Plus she'll be under enormous pressure to complete the second Serena Slam. But yeah, now she's made the second week it's difficult to see her losing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

You'd think so, but she has a habit of making so called easy matches difficult. Plus she'll be under enormous pressure to complete the second Serena Slam. But yeah, now she's made the second week it's difficult to see her losing.

Semi vs Sharapova could be tricky if the latter can raise her game - although the Serena/Sharapova "rivalry" is somewhat like the Murray/Djokovic or Federer/Roddick "rivalries" in that the same rival always wins...

Surely Radwanska's got to be the favourite to get through the other side of the draw, she's been to the final before.

True, the pressure might get to her but on paper she won't face anyone as tough as she will have on her way there.

I'd say Aga is the best bet to give her a bit of competition, she's been to the final before, she's played Serena in the final before.

You never know though. Vika has been sneaking through the week quite nicely, she has put it up to Serena a few times at the US Open. I think their QF is the last chance for Serena to lose this week.

A Masterclass in serving by Karlovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

CFlat wrote: »

It helps to be 6'11" - he should be practically invincible on grass.

and nothing else. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Even when he's crouched, waiting to return serve, Karlovic is a giant!

I'd like to see Vika give Serena a run for her money!! She's looking almost back to her best.

ah F*ck OFF !!!!!

LTA fiddling the hawkeye too ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

How was that out? I call shenanigans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

and a WIN for the absolute legend that is Mr Andy Murray! For he's a jolly good fellow!

Were some of you saddos not warned about your dribbling about conspiracies and rigging?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUFVMxPRgPU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Pfft...another one hit wonder showing that if you have nothing else in your arsenal other than slamming a serve as fast as you can, then you don't really have much at all. :/

Tony EH wrote: »
    Pfft...another one hit wonder showing that if you have nothing else in your arsenal other than slamming a serve as fast as you can, then you don't really have much at all. :/

He has absolutely maximised his talent to be fair, still going well at 36, I don't like watching him, but got to respect him for that to be fair.

Murray won't be winning Wimbledon with that second serve, it is really poor at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

BBC is very annoying at times. The Federer match is under way, but we are having to watch an interview with Murray!

vienne86 wrote: »
    BBC is very annoying at times. The Federer match is under way, but we are having to watch an interview with Murray!

Well the BBC is funded by the British people and their prime concern and interest is the exploits of Andy, so Federer can just wait until Murray has stopped speaking.

and a WIN for the absolute legend that is Mr Andy Murray! For he's a jolly good fellow!

Were some of you saddos not warned about your dribbling about conspiracies and rigging?

While I don't agree with the conspiracy cr*p that goes on with some people here, I can't understand why antagonistic posts like yours and especially this one arent picked up by the mods and admonished.

While I don't agree with the conspiracy cr*p that goes on with some people here, I can't understand why antagonistic posts like yours and especially this one arent picked up by the mods and admonished.

Are we not allowed a little bit of light hearted humour?

Are we not allowed a little bit of light hearted humour?

'Saddos', light hearted humour, really? I think its insulting.

BTW, I'm an Andy Murray fan.

Have to fancy the big server for the tie break ...

• Advertisement

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO, CFlat.

TireeTerror, keep it civil, please.

Advertisement