Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

He sounds more miserable of late Murray god what's wrong with him !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Did Rodger even care about the Olympics?

I think the BBC are over egging that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

lostcat wrote: »
    If wawrinka played at the same level as he played gasquet he would have lost today in three or maybe four.

one thing about fererer, I don't think i have ever seen him hand over a match, the other guy amlost always has to WIN it...

murray hasn't had a great record against top ten players this year, despite only loosing one match...

he is an Wavrinka ? or Djokovic ?

Ah Andy Roddick ... great a neutral !!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

lostcat wrote: »
    If wawrinka played at the same level as he played gasquet he would have lost today in three or maybe four.

one thing about fererer, I don't think i have ever seen him hand over a match, the other guy amlost always has to WIN it...

murray hasn't had a great record against top ten players this year, despite only loosing one match...

Not against Nadal, he completely falls to pieces on occasions when playing him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

the_monkey wrote: »
    he is an Wavrinka ? or Djokovic ?

Ah Andy Roddick ... great a neutral !!!

A-Rod has been a welcome addition to the BBC team. Some legend.

• Advertisement

Right I'm gonna say 3-1 fed

I can't call it. However I am up for Murray. C'mon Andy!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Going to go with Murray in 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

This match too close to call for me, fed looking imperious last few weeks but hardly tested, murrays been in great nick all year.

Whoever takes the first set wins it...

I don't like the umpires voice

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

efb wrote: »
    Did Rodger even care about the Olympics?

I think the BBC are over egging that one.

He wanted it bad, and had said so many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Why do the number of sets get lower as the tournament progresses? I thought they would get higher ala snooker darts etc

?

The gap between the top players and the rest perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Good point by Roddick that Federer is using serve and volley to widen the court. Staying back when he goes down the T.

Is this thread playing up for anyone else? Try going forward a page and it goes back, difficulty quoting etc?

Is this thread playing up for anyone else? Try going forward a page and it goes back, difficulty quoting etc?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Come on Fed.

Yep

Yes

Yep. Been happening since yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Outside of serving, Federer has not showed up yet. Groundstrokes generally poor, Murray looks capable of winning every rally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Why do the number of sets get lower as the tournament progresses? I thought they would get higher ala snooker darts etc

They don't, Mens Grand Slam Matches are always best of 5, Ladies best of three, regardless of the round.

Feds serve looking awesome but the variety of murrays ground strokes equally so

Federer serving so well that I can't see him losing a tiebreak if goes 6-6 in this first set.

Fed to break?

1st set to Fed and he doesn't look like he's out of first gear yet

Oh dear, what a flop service game. Not happy, but not panicking yet. I'd always thought it would take 4 or 5 sets for Murray to win this.

This will be a test of Murray's resolve now. Fed played great that set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,095 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Why does the BBC allow that ape Andrew Castle to commentate,he is insufferable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just noticed, is Murray no longer wearing his wedding ring in his shoe laces.

Advertisement