Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon 2015

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

pconn062 wrote: »
    Inverdale is commentating now, so they certainly haven't got rid of him.

I was referring to them getting rid of him off the highlights show. I've no idea why they'd have him as commentator instead. He could barely manage the few links he had to do before, how they expect him to be able to do an entire match now is beyond me. Typical BBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Memnoch wrote: »
    Nadal looking good.

I hope Murray beats him 21-19 in the fifth set quarter final !! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

pconn062 wrote: »
    Funny, when the caption came up on screen it said "Commentators John Inverdale and John Llyod". No mention of "anchor" anywhere.

I can't say that I have ever heard him commentating on a match. It's usually Petchey/Lloyd/Wade/McEnroe or Castle. He does present the show and conduct interviews. If he is actually commentating on matches then god help the beeb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,147 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

the_monkey wrote: »
    I hope Murray beats him 21-19 in the fifth set quarter final !! :P

20/1 Nadal, might have a speculative tenner on him later each way, very impressed today even if Bellucci is a bit of a waster.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭WaterLily.

Just switched over briefly to see how Bouchard was getting on and the first thing that struck me is how thin she looks! I don't know if it's just me because I haven't seen her play in a while and she always looks like this but she looks like she's lost a lot of weight. I'm not a big fan of hers but I am starting to feel a little sorry for her, I do hope she can turn things around soon. She has too much potential for it all just to go to waste!

Good win for Heather Watson, she beat Caroline Garcia 8-6 in the third after losing the first set 1-6 and having to play over 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Bouchard does look thin!! Stress related perhaps? She just broke to go to 3-4. Not particularly fond of her but I hope she doesn't crash out today.

I has no idea Wawrinka featured in ESPN's Body issue. A lot of photos of him on my timeline yesterday!

Williams' have withdrawn from the doubles. Serena wants to concentrate on the singles. They were due to face Konta and Sanchez.

Some of these linesmen calls in favour of Murray are a disgrace ...

Balls right on the line ... not even close to being out called out ...

ah f*ck off Murray ...

Genie loses the match, she'll drop out of the top 20!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Had to switch off ... the UK crowd are just disgusting royal pigs...

WaterLily. wrote: »
    Just switched over briefly to see how Bouchard was getting on and the first thing that struck me is how thin she looks! I don't know if it's just me because I haven't seen her play in a while and she always looks like this but she looks like she's lost a lot of weight. I'm not a big fan of hers but I am starting to feel a little sorry for her, I do hope she can turn things around soon. She has too much potential for it all just to go to waste!

Personally I think she was still carrying a bit of teenage chub last year. I mean hopefully that's just it. Look at Ivanovic now compared to when she won the French Open at 19. It is noticeable though, whatever the cause.
    RosyLily wrote: »
    Genie loses the match, she'll drop out of the top 20!!:eek:

With practically zero points to defend for the next 12 months. Any kind of decent string of results would get her back up the rankings again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,600 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What happened now?

walshb wrote: »
    What happened now?

Nothing. Crowd supporting home player. Perish the thought!!!

And out she goes. God, that must be rock bottom now, surely?

Nothing. Crowd supporting home player. Perish the thought!!!

A crowd supporting their home player? :eek::eek:

Wow, next thing you will be telling me this happens in every bloody country in every sport. :eek::eek:

Poor Genie. If that's not rock bottom I dunno what is. I'd be telling her take July off. Don't go near a court or racquet. Relax! But who knows what she'll do next.

Please stop trolling the crowd via boards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I feel really bad for what's happening to Bouchard. Surely this partnership with Sumyk can't last much longer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Halep in trouble here

• Advertisement

Please stop trolling the crowd via boards.

Ok ok ziiiiipppppp

Halep gone. She was in Kvitova's half. Hopefully Simona doesn't slip down like Bouchard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Oh dear Halep. Difficult to view her as the world #3 when she keeps flopping at slams.

Oh dear Halep. Difficult to view her as the world #3 when she keeps flopping at slams.

Sadly true, she has a poor record at the US so can't get to excited about her their either.

Ben Rothenberg ‏@BenRothenberg 2 mins2 minutes ago Merton, London
    "When I had a loss in Indian Wells or Miami I didn't think it was end of the world…We're closer to end of the world now." -Genie #Wimbledon

:eek:

Rjd2 wrote: »
    :eek:

Just read that tweet from Ben. She seems so defeated now. I'm gutted for her! It'll take a lot for her to bounce back imo but I think she'll do it. I hope she doesn't play Rogers Cup!! It all went downhill from there last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

Dunno.. I can't help but feel a bit of schadenfreude regarding Bouchard.

Rooting for a Kvitova-Williams final. Anyone else would be kinda meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Wozniacki down 4-1 in the first set in her match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Sad for Halep but happy to see Bouchard knocked out. Is there any chance of someone other than Serena or Kvitova winning?

• Advertisement

Memnoch wrote: »
    Sad for Halep but happy to see Bouchard knocked out. Is there any chance of someone other than Serena or Kvitova winning?

Both are favourites and understandably so, but Serena has a poor record here recently and while Kvitova is a beast on grass, she is the type of player who could throw in a stinker performance when you don't expect it.

Sharapova, Lisicki, Kerber, Safarova all have a chance if they can string some form together, while Sloane and Pliskova has been in good form recently.

And of course their is Bencic who is on fire, who defeated the very tricky Pironkova Yesterday.

Advertisement