Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

the_monkey wrote: »
    Nadal always gets an easy draw, even as #10 seed , it's a joke.

Every single post you have made has been negative. Try being positive for a change, you will be surprised how much happier it will make you feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

fullstop wrote: »
    I just came in to ask if they were driving anyone else nuts. So annoying, changing after every point and standing up in front of people. They're at all the Aussie matches too
    Cannot believe that carry on is tolerated :eek:

Surely someone (even Kyrgios or whoever else they're "supporting") must complain at some point that they're a distraction?

Won't be able to watch much more of this match (and I've only just turned it on) if that's on every changeover.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Cannot believe that carry on is tolerated :eek:

Surely someone (even Kyrgios or whoever else they're "supporting") must complain at some point that they're a distraction?

Won't be able to watch much more of this match (and I've only just turned it on) if that's on every changeover.....
    I don't understand how they get those front row seats behind the baseline for every match there's an Aussie playing, no matter which court. Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

fullstop wrote: »
    I just came in to ask if they were driving anyone else nuts. So annoying, changing after every point and standing up in front of people. They're at all the Aussie matches too

I'd be calling the gards anyway. Shower of morons making listening to the commentary at work absolutely unbearable so have switched over to Cilic/Berankis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

I'm a big fan of Kyrgios but these Aussie supporters are akin to fingernails on chalkboards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

What I wanna know is how do they get such good seats? Every year!!:mad: I'd kill for those seats and be quiet as a mouse. I wonder if they're members of Tennis Australia. AFAIK, they do a ballot for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

They should be warned by security ,I'm surprised the hothead Krygios is that he would not tell them to stfu

Well they've done for my viewing anyway.

Back to the civilised match that is Haas/Raonic. C'mon Haas!!!

seanhynes wrote: »
    They should be warned by security ,I'm surprised the hothead Krygios is that he would not tell them to stfu
    This is what I can't understand. It has to drive the players nuts as well - why do they put up with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Nishikori injured again. is he made of paper or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Floppybits

RosyLily wrote: »
    What I wanna know is how do they get such good seats? Every year!!:mad: I'd kill for those seats and be quiet as a mouse. I wonder if they're members of Tennis Australia. AFAIK, they do a ballot for tickets.

Didn't Hewitt use to make sure that they had tickets for the matches?

We're here for 2 more points in the sun then 1 my dear they are the biggest idiots Iv ever witnessed at a sporting event not 1 remotely good chant absolutely get out I would bar them from his next match at my request if I was Kyrgios.
    Great performance that he's a class act

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Even the Australian's don't like the Fanatics. There's loads of post on twitter about them being an embarrassment to the country. I'm all for passionate fans and showing your support but planned, organised and rehearsed cheering is just stupid.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Didn't Hewitt use to make sure that they had tickets for the matches?

I know all the wrong people!

34c now!!:eek: Apparently, they've reduced capacity numbers today because of the heat. Give the crowd more space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,112 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

RosyLily wrote: »

What irks me is the people who try to get a ticket and cant and then you get all these clowns on Henman Hill sunning themselves all day and watching tennis on the big screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

What a great match between Cilic + Berankis .... 2-1 to Cilic but Berankis with an early break in 4th set, some great tennis here..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

the_monkey wrote: »
    What a great match between Cilic + Berankis .... 2-1 to Cilic but Berankis with an early break in 4th set, some great tennis here..

Gutted I'm gonna miss the end of this, it's been brilliant.

Also gutted for anyone who was dying for centre court tickets today. So many empty seats.

T E N N I S ! ! !

Gutted I'm gonna miss the end of this, it's been brilliant.

Also gutted for anyone who was dying for centre court tickets today. So many empty seats.

I hope the empty seats are because people are taking a heat break.....and not because they're not bothered.

Heather Watson through to the 3rd round. She'll likely play Serena who's up after Cilic-Berankis.

Hope Berankis does this ,shown great heart

• Advertisement

Such a dissapointing way to end it .. on a double fault net cord ...

Rotton after all that work ,cruel

Sickened for him!! Bad way to go after all his hard work.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Kyrios or however you spell it comes cross as a thundering prick, BBC just showed a clip from his press conference today, not impressed

Kyrios or however you spell it comes cross as a thundering prick, BBC just showed a clip from his press conference today, not impressed
    +1

I'm not a hardcore tennis fan, don't know a whole lot about him, but I'm losing interest fast.

And as for his fans......

WTF is a "Serena Slam"? :confused:

Honestly, some of the hype the BBC come up with is just ridiculous.

And interviewing all the newspaper journos about Heather Watson's win..... puh-lease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

WTF is a "Serena Slam"? :confused:

Honestly, some of the hype the BBC come up with is just ridiculous.

And interviewing all the newspaper journos about Heather Watson's win..... puh-lease.

It would be some achievement if she does it. Basically it's all 4 grand slams in one calender year , the Australian (done) French (done) Wimbledon (in progress) and the US open .

Steffi was the last female to manage it but at Serena's age it would arguably be even more impressive.

youtube! wrote: »
    It would be some achievement if she does it. Basically it's all 4 grand slams in one calender year , the Australian (done) French (done) Wimbledon (in progress) and the US open .

Steffi was the last female to manage it but at Serena's age it would arguably be even more impressive.
    But they're also on about her doing a "calendar grand slam" which I presume is what you outline above......

Suppose I could just go and google it :D

But they're also on about her doing a "calendar grand slam" which I presume is what you outline above......

Suppose I could just go and google it :D

Yes calendar grand slam as in all 4 slams in same year, she has allready done the career grand slam (all 4 in any year) multiple times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 5599

This game, between Williams and Babos, is absolutely awful. So many unforced errors and bad first serves.

Advertisement