Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon 2015

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

:o
    Oops I could swear I watched some of it .
    I must have watched it on another channel ,its a prepackaged show transmitted across Europe.

Setanta Ireland have the Irish rights this year. I think they just have the BBC feed though because it appears to be all the same annoying commentators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

3 games in...unsportsmanlike conduct warning for Fognini.:rolleyes:

Tracy Austin made a good point earlier in the Lisicki match. More women should serve into the body of their opponent. I only really see it when they need to get themselves out of trouble. It might work against the tall players, like Maria, Petra or Serena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Setanta Ireland have the Irish rights this year. I think they just have the BBC feed though because it appears to be all the same annoying commentators.

Less annoying than the commentary being in a dead language though;)

Less annoying than the commentary being in a dead language though;)

Not really. I found it a refreshing change from listening to the same idiots on BBC having the same stupid conversations they have over and over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Not really. I found it a refreshing change from listening to the same idiots on BBC having the same stupid conversations they have over and over.
    +1

Will there be any RTE coverage this year? I haven't even seen that much of the tournament so far, and I'm already sick of the BBC cliché-ridden commentary.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    +1

Will there be any RTE coverage this year? I haven't even seen that much of the tournament so far, and I'm already sick of the BBC cliché-ridden commentary.

I don't think RTE have ever had Wimbledon coverage, have they?

James Ward into the third round for the first time in his career. Also breaks into the top 100 for the first tine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Rte had coverage in the 1990s assume they had it years before that too as they were the only stations available here

RTÉ used to have it years ago. They only ever showed the second week though, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

RTÉ used to have it years ago. They only ever showed the second week though, I think.

I'm inadvertently showing my age :D:D

Thought RTE had some involvement in the second week alright, didn't realise it was so long ago though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,727 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I suppose they're thinking of the modern times where you can stream online matches and watch four or five at once and you have the App and all that jazz so who needs highlights?

Problem with that is not everyone has red button, and a lot of people actually work during the day, surprisingly. I remember a few summers way back I was working lots and couldn't see anything live and was relying on the highlights show each evening to catch up. If I was still in that position, as I'm sure lots of people are, I'd be pretty hacked off with the new format too.

Also why have the highlights programme on right after the days Wimbledon coverage. Would it not be better it schedule the highlights at 9.30ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

TG4 is available to stream online from the ROI yeah ?

Federer showing some nice vintage form today.

he was enjoying himself..

Only the second game and Dusty's already hit some great drop shots!

RosyLily wrote: »
    Only the second game and Dusty's already hit some great drop shots!

Nadal a break up ... not interested ... switching to Tsonger ...

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭lostcat

dustin brown is class

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

I really wish Dustin Brown could get some consistency in his game going and make it into more tournaments and get a better ranking.

So much entertainment, and a serious serious game when it's on. Some of the returns he's making are mind boggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

the_monkey wrote: »
    Nadal a break up ... not interested ... switching to Tsonger ...

I'd consider switching back :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm inadvertently showing my age :D:D

Thought RTE had some involvement in the second week alright, didn't realise it was so long ago though!

Same, I've no recollection whatsoever of RTE ever showing it.

Muguruza into the 3rd round, she's exceeded my expectations already.

Nice match going on here, Brown making some great shots. I think he probably needs to win this first set if he's to win the match though.

Same, I've no recollection whatsoever of RTE ever showing it.

Muguruza into the 3rd round, she's exceeded my expectations already.

Nice match going on here, Brown making some great shots. I think he probably needs to win this first set if he's to win the match though.

I remember the brutal commentary by Jim Sheridan on RTE ...

COME ON DUSTY!!!

• Advertisement

Great start to this match.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I remember the brutal commentary by Jim Sheridan on RTE ...

I dread to think.

I love how aggressive Dustin is. No fear! If only more players played like that. 24 net approaches.....and that's just one set.

RosyLily wrote: »
    I love how aggressive Dustin is. No fear! If only more players played like that. 24 net approaches.....and that's just one set.

He is hitting first serves for his second serve. He is going for everything.

Floppybits wrote: »
    He is hitting first serves for his second serve. He is going for everything.

It's great to see!!

Flicked over to the Dolgopolov match and there was a woman beside his coach. Dolgo broke serve, coach had a big wide smile. She looked like she smelt a fart!!

ah well ... was good while it lasted....

bye bye Dusty..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Brown!

ah well ... was good while it lasted....

bye bye Dusty..

Brown is not going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭CFlat

Im probably going to display my ignorance of professional tennis but this Brown guy has been a pro since 2002!! What the fu*k is that about. He's a sensational player.

I thnk he's going to beat Nadal. This could be a JFK moment. You know, where were you when the unknown Dustin Brown beat Rafael Nadal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭StillIntact

While I never rule Nadal out, Brown has maintained his level really well so far. He is such a dangerous player going for everything.

There's another break!!!

Advertisement