Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match traffic

• 21-06-2015 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

Traffic is mental out there today with the hurling match on! It took my missus 40 minutes to get from Lidl up to LIT! I'm not sure why the match traffic insist on trying to get so close to the stadium, surely park and rides from outside the city would make far more sense! I can't understand how the GAA don't have to provide some sort of parking facilities, it seems to be chaos! No consideration given to local residents!

Comments

Skuxx wrote: »
    Traffic is mental out there today with the hurling match on! It took my missus 40 minutes to get from Lidl up to LIT! I'm not sure why the match traffic insist on trying to get so close to the stadium, surely park and rides from outside the city would make far more sense! I can't understand how the GAA don't have to provide some sort of parking facilities, it seems to be chaos! No consideration given to local residents!

That's what happens when you live near a stadium unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In fairness to GAA folk they arrive early. I drove from the Dublin road into Kileely and the traffic was busier than usual(with Tipp flags) at 1pm.

There were Gardai blocking off parking access to residential neighbours starting at Belfield and as I was leaving Kileely nearly every parking spot from Topaz to Fine Wines was taken already at 1:40pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I will never understand why able bodied people wont just park on the far side of the city and walk. its not that far sports fans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

They need to park close so that they can rush off with 5 minutes to go, get to their car first and beat the traffic.

Advertisement