Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 won't connect to upc wifi

Options
  • 21-06-2015 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have had an awful time of things lately with trying to get online with my ps4.
    When I check status of connection I get a 96% signal strength, and then on a network test it just can't connect half the time and when I do, it's a very poor connection
    I have upc horizon which my ps3 seems to have no problems connecting to the net.

Using an ethernet connection is not an option as the box is in another room and I can't hog that tv.
    Does anyone have any advice?
    I have heard of something called "homeplugs" are they of any use or are they a money racket?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I have home plugs for my ps3 and they work a dream. Wouldn't be without them again, nice quick connection and no lag. I play a lot of battlefield and call of duty etc so fast connection is good. I'd go for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Thibus

Will pick some up during the week so.
    Are they easy to set up, expensive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Like 40 I think from Amazon. And couldn't be easier to set up. Just hold one button on the front of it

Brilliant, thanks.
    Will pick one up this week.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

I had the same issue. Tried homplug but didn't give me the speed I hoped.ended up getting UPC to send me out a separate router which I connected it up to my ps4.
    If u try the homepugs I would buy them from Argos as if your not happy u can return them within 30 days for a refund

• Advertisement

Did UPC charge for the router?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Thibus wrote: »
    Did UPC charge for the router?

Ye it was €40

That thing worked a treat!
    Games are now playable.
    Thanks for the advice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

I'm looking for fallout 3 on the PS3, if anyone knows where to get it cheap.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Jjiipp79 wrote: »
    I'm looking for fallout 3 on the PS3, if anyone knows where to get it cheap.

Thanks

Wrong thread methinks.

This is relating to connectivity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Hey, I'm having similar issues recently with my ps4. Excuse my ignorance but how do the homeplugs work? Are they a wifi range extender ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Narcissus wrote: »
    Hey, I'm having similar issues recently with my ps4. Excuse my ignorance but how do the homeplugs work? Are they a wifi range extender ?

Not an extender.
    They use the power lines in the house to connect directly to the router.

They take about 2 mins to set up. Simple but effective. Can't recommend them highly enough

Advertisement