Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Broadband

Options
  • 21-06-2015 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I've online chatted to three different Eircom people over the last day or so and one told me I can get 24mb broadband in my area, they other said I can get 2mb and the other said I cannot get any??
    I live about six miles from New Ross co wexford. The nearest village in co. Kilkenny would be Listerlin.
    Could somebody please confirm if I can get the Unlimted Broadband in my area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Rock 1234 wrote: »
    Hi villa2008,

Count yourself lucky that you haven't signed a contract with Eircom, There is no guarantee of minimum speeds with any broadband provider, Please look at Eircom's terms and conditions, Eircom's termination fees are horrendous, Eircom's contracts are to long, Eircom's customer care team never call you back or sort the problem, I would prefer to use smoke signals than use Eircom,
    Yeah, Im getting that feeling from what I've read /seen about Eircom alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

villa2008 wrote: »
    I've online chatted to three different Eircom people over the last day or so and one told me I can get 24mb broadband in my area, they other said I can get 2mb and the other said I cannot get any??
    I live about six miles from New Ross co wexford. The nearest village in co. Kilkenny would be Listerlin.
    Hi villa2008

I will be able to offer you the most reliable information on this if you would like to PM me your specific address.

Thanks
    Al

Hi villa2008

I will be able to offer you the most reliable information on this if you would like to PM me your specific address.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    I've just sent you a PM with specific address.

I've online chatted to three different Eircom people over the last day or so and one told me I can get 24mb broadband in my area, they other said I can get 2mb and the other said I cannot get any??
    I live about six miles from New Ross co wexford. The nearest village in co. Kilkenny would be Listerlin.
    Hi villa2008

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,
    Thanks for the PM villa2008

Unfortyunately due to the lines distance to the exchange the speeds would be very low in the region of up to 1 to 2Mb and please note I'm making specific reference or 'up to' as speeds could be even lower. We can't see for sure as there is no line installed yet but I'm quite confident in my per-qualification of this.

Cheers
    Al

I've online chatted to three different Eircom people over the last day or so and one told me I can get 24mb broadband in my area, they other said I can get 2mb and the other said I cannot get any??
    I live about six miles from New Ross co wexford. The nearest village in co. Kilkenny would be Listerlin.
    Hi villa2008

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Unfortyunately due to the lines distance to the exchange the speeds would be very low in the region of up to 1 to 2Mb and please note I'm making specific reference or 'up to' as speeds could be even lower. We can't see for sure as there is no line installed yet but I'm quite confident in my per-qualification of this.

Cheers
    Al
    OK! Thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi villa2008

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Cheers
    Al
    OK! Thanks.
    No worries villa2008

Al

Advertisement