Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting Content Issue.

Options
  • 21-06-2015 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Help me here, I can't seem to find a fix for this issue. The issue I have is that I am unable to uninstall ADDON content for games...

If for example you have a game, lets use Halo Master Chief addition for the example. You play through Halo until you get bored and decide to trade the game in. Then you see there is some addons you are entitled to, in this case ODST. You download ODST to the Xbox but no longer have the Halo CORE game installed as you have traded it in.

Now, because you no longer have the CORE Halo game installed anymore there is no way to remove the 9GB ODST ADDON from the Xbox HD. It seems you need to have the CORE game installed before you can remove an Addon.

When you go the Xbox store ODST says (already installed) so it is taking up space on the HD that I need but now I have no way to remove the Addon because I cannot see it in the Games and Applications.

Surely I can't be the only one to come across this fairly big issue when it comes to the limited space on the HD.

Seems that Microsoft say you need the core game........ http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/view-downloadable-content

Is there anyway to remove Addons for games where the CORE game is already uninstalled? The addons do not show up in games and apps.

Very annoying. Please help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Bar formatting the xbox, do xtravision or the likes still exist where you can rent the game? Or a friend you can borrow it off?

Get it, install then uninstall the addon and game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I had the same problem but I know there is a solution. I just can't remember, I'll have a look when I get home and let you know. I'm not 100% sure now after reading the support page. Seems it's not possible, add it to the list of stupid things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

can you get someone who has the game as a digital download to log into your console as a guest and delete it?

seems a very odd thing that you cant manually delete stuff as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

can you get someone who has the game as a digital download to log into your console as a guest and delete it?

seems a very odd thing that you cant manually delete stuff as you want.

Yeah think I have sourced a copy from a work mate I can install again and then remove the addon. Very annoying bug/issue. At least on the 360 you could view everything on your HD including the addons and save files. Once you remove a CORE game from the one, you can no longer see the save files etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker

Just out of curiousity, why would you install a DLC addon for a game you have already traded in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Just out of curiousity, why would you install a DLC addon for a game you have already traded in?

Good question. Essentially, when Halo launched it was a holy sham of a game. Very very buggy, I am sure you already know this. Anyway, as a sorry to fans Bungie/Microsoft decided to give people that bought that game a free copy of ODST when it was ready. The thing with the ODST free code that they sent all the players was that it needed to be used before the 30th June.

So I was just using the code to secure my copy of ODST as I had planned in getting Halo again in the future. I intended to use the code, download ODST and then remove with the intention of re-downloading it when I decided to by Halo again.

And here we are, with a stupid bug that simply should not exist on the One...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

logik wrote: »
    Good question. Essentially, when Halo launched it was a holy sham of a game. Very very buggy, I am sure you already know this. Anyway, as a sorry to fans Bungie/Microsoft decided to give people that bought that game a free copy of ODST when it was ready. The thing with the ODST free code that they sent all the players was that it needed to be used before the 30th June.

So I was just using the code to secure my copy of ODST as I had planned in getting Halo again in the future. I intended to use the code, download ODST and then remove with the intention of re-downloading it when I decided to by Halo again.

I couldn't test this because most of my games are digital and the only physical ones I have I don't have add ons for, but maybe find halo in the store. Pin it. Then in your Pins press the menu button and manage game? It probably wont work though, it really is a dumb system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker

logik wrote: »

Gotcha

You went one step too far though - you needed only use the code; the actual downloading wasn't necessary and could've been cancelled immediately rather than pulling down the full 9GB. But you're correct, it's a stupid glitch that one would think should be easily fixed by MS

Advertisement