Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Income Continuance

Options
  • 21-06-2015 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I have income continuance and have just found out I have a slipped/bulging disc due to arthritis in the spine.
    I drive nearly an hour to work and find the drive excruciating to say the least.
    Does anyone know if income continuance is paid out for a condition like mine?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Yodel12 wrote: »
    I have income continuance and have just found out I have a slipped/bulging disc due to arthritis in the spine.
    I drive nearly an hour to work and find the drive excruciating to say the least.
    Does anyone know if income continuance is paid out for a condition like mine?

Yes. If you can't work due to an inabilty to drive it's a valid claim.

Back conditions and depression are the two biggest claim heads in PHI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Yodel12

Thanks for the reply Henry.
    I dont mind attending the doctors as I can prove my problem but the hassle of it all puts me off.
    Do you know do they pay out easily or do you have to attend umpteen doctors before you get anything?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

Income Continuance will pay out when an individual suffers a long term illness/injury which prevents them from working. There is a deferred period which needs to be satisfied before it pays out to you, so you will need to check how long this is.
    I would speak with your GP and also notify your insurer that you are suffering from this condition. If you are unable to work then your doctor will need to verify this as the insurer will need this to be confirmed before paying out on the plan.

PaulM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Yodel12

Thanks Paul

Advertisement