Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions for sea fishing trips around Ireland.

Options
  • 21-06-2015 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

My birthday is coming and I was wondering where the best place to go for a days sea fishing around Ireland. I live in North Tipp so Kerry, Clare, Cork would be ideal but any suggestions at all would be welcome. I'm not specifically after massive fish (though they would be welcome) but just a half decent haul would do.

So folks, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Boat or shore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

SeaFields wrote: »
    Boat or shore?

Boat. I went shore fishing down in Kerry before and it was very underwhelming. I'd love to catch a shark or two, supposed to be a great fight from them. Honestly I'd just like a haul decent haul of whatever's biting that day...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

In any of the locations you mentioned a decent skipper should be able to put you on fish at this time of year. I'm biased and would say Kerry just because I do my fishing there by and large. If its definitely shark you're after I saw on Facebook good catches out of shark on boats out of Cork harbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Check out Mark Gannon down in courtmacsherry, he's one of the best skippers in the country.
    You can stay in their b&b too and party on in the village after the fishing, would thoroughly recommend.

Nice one lads, I'll contact both of them and make my mind up then... Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Another option would be castletownbere. Its got good boat fishing and from what ive heard some of the best wrasse, pollack, huss and ray fishing in Ireland from the shore.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ALANC81

+1 for Mark Gannon in Court Mcshery sound man with a great set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

May be difficult to get a booking, but Luke Aston in Carrigaholt is worth looking in to. If you can limit it to 6 you could try for shark, if weather doesn't play ball there's also the Shannon Estuary.
    http://www.fishandstay.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ClifdenAngler

Pretty sure Mark Gannon has boats hired out to Graham Pullen on the totally awesome fishing show on YouTube Im sure you'll be able to find it if you go to their channel :)

It seems Mark Gannon is the man to go to so. My mind is made up. Thanks lads for the suggestions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

.red. wrote: »
    Another option would be castletownbere. Its got good boat fishing and from what ive heard some of the best wrasse, pollack, huss and ray fishing in Ireland from the shore.

No charter boats is Castletown Bere unfortunately

Advertisement