Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Efibre Question?

Options
  • 21-06-2015 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I am just wondering when will efibre be available in the Branswood estate in Athy co Kildare or what is the hold up? It has been available all over the rest of athy over 6 months and even the housings estate next to Branswood has the service,anytime I ring about the service I just hear the same old pre written script that's its being rolled out and no one has a real clue as to what's going on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Johnmclain wrote: »
    I am just wondering when will efibre be available in the Branswood estate in Athy co Kildare or what is the hold up?  It has been available all over the rest of athy over 6 months and even the housings estate next to Branswood has the service,anytime I ring about the service I just hear the same old pre written script that's its being rolled out and no one has a real clue as to what's going on.
    The orange dot located on this map : http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ (please ensure to click in NGA fibre broadband network map and check 'All') will show that there is a fibre cabinet planned to serve your location (called ARW1_007)

Unfortunately it's only at planning stages and there is no indication of a time frame to expect efibre in. The best indication I can offer you is that we should have more news on this for your area before the end of the year.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johnmclain

Thanks for the quick reply, just out of curiosity why was the cabinet not done when the others were done at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Johnmclain wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply, just out of curiosity why was the cabinet not done when the others were done at the time.
    Hi Johnmclain

It will be the case that in some areas all cabinet can't be done together and this is ultimately down to infrastructural specifications - like different cable path from the exchange and different works required - sometimes even a delay in planning permission. I'll be unable to comment on specific works on eircoms infrastructure to offer you a specific reason I'm afraid.

Cheers

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Johnmclain

Hey, how's it going, just checking in to see what the update on efibre in my estate is. It has been 9 months now. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Johnmclain,

I've checked this for you and the latest update is it could take a further 6-12 months for work to start on it I'm afraid. This would not be a guaranteed timeframe however.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
Advertisement