Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest, Fri 19th, near Crescent S.C.

• 21-06-2015 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

On Friday last at the roundabout outside the Crescent heading to the bridge near MaryI there was a protest of some kind.

As I passed it was lashing rain. I saw signs saying 'Honk to Show your Support!' so I honked my horn as I was at the roundabout. They were delighted so they were and it made them smile in the downpour of rain.

Now, I don't have a bulls notion of what it was they were protesting about. It must have been something significant though considering the elements and the numbers that were still there.

Anyone know what the protest was about?

Many Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Probably the water protesters. They are always out in Raheen. I always spot them at the roundabout by the South Court too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Chavways wrote: »
    Probably the water protesters. They are always out in Raheen. I always spot them at the roundabout by the South Court too.

Ah okay Thank You :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Poor bastards actually need to pay for something for once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

My 5 year old daughter was taken in by the catchy chant and sang along with them. No way, we won't pay. No way, we won't pay.

Well, to say they were nothing short of f#cking delighted would be an understatement. This is exactly why we are here one of them shouted, and it really invigorated the crowd. They shook her hand, my hand and were delighted. Fact is however, my daughter has learning disabilities, and purely just liked the chant. In no way was she advocating a political opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Poor bastards actually need to pay for something for once.

I take it you've paid then twice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

awh the water crowd. Every friday they are there. 90% of the reason I'll be paying my water charges is because I want nothing to do with that lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Iang87 wrote: »
    awh the water crowd. Every friday they are there. 90% of the reason I'll be paying my water charges is because I want nothing to do with that lot

Here, here! :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ops questions has been answered. There are plenty of threads on boards to discuss Irish Water and the protesters, don't think we need a separate 1 for the Limerick forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement