Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council buying home for tenants.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

175, divided among six, over seven days, €4.16 per person per day. Let's say three meals; €1.4 per meal. Doesn't really sound that high on the hog.

Believe me it's doable even moving to 200 max would be fine

Plenty of threads on it on boards in the past

I'm not going to rehash them

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Im not a society lady at all. Just wanted to know how these things work. I work 40 hours a week in a call center and earn 378 a week. My husband is a administrator and earns 532 a week. Our rent is 1250 a month and we have 3 kids. What percentage out of our wages do we pat in rent?
    25.98 by my reckoning of your gross

Is your problem here that they pay so much less or are you considering a life on welfare

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Sign on for a few months, see how soft you think they have it then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Mod Note Please keep it constructive people.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 princesstrixie

ill give one last serious reply;
    <MOD SNIP >

I myself am from the Netherlands and I will explain you the sitution there:

Houses are rented through a cooperation. you put your name down and apply for a house. Top of the list gets the house.
    2 categories: - Rent below 699 a month is for occupants (single/couple) wit total income of no more than 33K a year.
    Rent above 699 a month is for people with a yearly wage above 33K.

Depending on your income (social welfare/diability/employment) you receive a sum towards your rent.
    <MOD SNIP >

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The charter says do not make too much work for the mods, this thread has gotten to the point where the majority of posts do precisely that. Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement