Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People who drink alone

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

My cat is usually with me so I'm not really alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

diomed wrote: »
    I was in Lidl at 10:00am a few weeks ago. The guy before me at the checkout bought ten bottles of beer, the guys after me bought five bottles of wine and a packet of biscuits. Why do you buy alcohol as soon as it is possible to buy it in the morning? That is worrying.
    There is nothing wrong drinking alone. If you do it every day it is not good.

Do you not have to wait till 11 am?

Egginacup wrote: »
    Do you sit there quaffing Cab-Sav from a tetra-pak carton? :pac:

Best is the box of cider. When it's nearly empty, take out the foil container baggy and squeeze the last remnants through the plastic tap. Then inflate the foil baggy and use as a pillow when you're bolloxed.

Chinaware my friend.

Egginacup wrote: »
    Why do you have to be with someone to enjoy a beer/wine/whiskey/brandy/whatever ?

Have you never gone to the pub on an afternoon with the paper or a book and enjoyed your couple of beers by yourself whilst reading or doing the crossword?

Oh God no she wouldn't.

I'm guessing Melisa is the type of girl that would get a new boyfriend before breaking up with current one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think if someone has a few glasses of wine at the end of the day, say 2-3 nights a week, alone, is this perfectly normal? Or a little worrying?

You've asked two questions there. Firstly drinking alone is ok. Secondly the frequency is seperate to with whom you drink. If somebody has that many units drinking outside the house it's as unhealthy. How unhealthy it is depends on the person, and his/her other habits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

About 3/4 of a bottle of Burgundy most nights. The first glass helps me to enjoy the next two.

I don't drink normally but when I do, I don't drink normally :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I thoroughly enjoy drinking alone and I won't be euphemistic about it either and say "a glass" or "a beer", plenty is had and plenty is enjoyed. Good music or a good comedy goes on and I have a bloody good time.

There's no social compromise being made whatsoever and I'm enjoying my own company and my own tastes. In every way possible.

Work can be a bit of a bitch the next day though :)

EDIT: I also enjoy a good aul shmoke inside while I do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

I would have 2/3 cans most nights, never while the kids are up and usually when the wife is gone to bed. I like having an hour completely to myself before I go to bed.

Advertisement