Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play-Asia Import Tax?

Options
  • 21-06-2015 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello, I want to buy a game for my PS Vita called Ragnarok Odyssey Ace from Play-Asia, game with shipping costs 34 euro altogether and I read that there is going to be import tax? Will my package be held back until I pay back the tax? I don't know much about this because I don't think I ever bought anything outside of Europe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It is liable for tax and duty. It just depends of customs stop it or let it through. Sometimes they think it's a cheap DVD that is below the €22 tax limit and don't bother checking.

If they stop it they will let you know and ask for proof of value so they know what to charge you in tax. It will be 23% of €34 plus a handling fee.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Or try vgp ,might work out cheaper with them.

Advertisement