Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't find an ATX 12v CPU male connector I can terminate myself....

• 21-06-2015 11:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I don't fancy resolving the problem via soldering and heatshrink, nor do I fancy using those crimp type connectors, seeing as there is 8 wires....

The wires coming from the psu are "bald" so to speak (i.e without any kind of connector) - lol

I have an atx cpu connector here but there isn't a way to release the "internal conductor metal part" to fix a wire in. Unless I'm missing something obvious.

Can anybody advise on this?

Thanks.

Capture.jpg
    image upload no compression

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

euser1984 wrote: »
    I don't fancy resolving the problem via soldering and heatshrink, nor do I fancy using those crimp type connectors, seeing as there is 8 wires....

The wires coming from the psu are "bald" so to speak (i.e without any kind of connector) - lol

I have an atx cpu connector here but there isn't a way to release the "internal conductor metal part" to fix a wire in. Unless I'm missing something obvious.

Can anybody advise on this?

Thanks.

I believe you are indeed missing something.

You should be able to do it like this .....

push the wire you are working on into the connector
    while applying that pressure, insert a needle or large straight pin into the connector so that it encounters the 'wing' of the metal connector and depresses it.

The connector and wire should withdraw from the connector by gently pulling it instead of pushing it.

Some connectors, like these, might have two wings/barbs which need to be depressed

pco-5855pt_w.jpg

Advertisement