Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dennehys Health and Fitness,Douglas

• 22-06-2015 1:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here is currently a member of Dennehys Gym in Douglas and how do they find it? is it very busy,thinking of joining but would be going mainly early in the morning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭onasis

squidly wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone here is currently a member of Dennehys Gym in Douglas and how do they find it? is it very busy,thinking of joining but would be going mainly early in the morning

Hi Squidly

I'm a member of another gym in Douglas and I know a lot of people left to join Dennehys as it was much cheaper. Having spoken to a few of them they are happy enough but it has a few issues like small changing rooms - queuing for showers. Also a lot of youngsters are joined but if you are there early in the mornings this is unlikely to affect you. I think they do a trial period so maybe you should inquire about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Lots of machines crammed into a tight space. Too warm in the evenings now that it is summer (no air con as far as I know, just open windows which doesn't do much when it's 20+ degrees out).

Early mornings are good, quiet enough. Evenings are generally very busy. Can't comment on the changing rooms. All in all it's a decent gym; also it's above Tesco and M&S which is handy if you do go in the evenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭squidly

Thanks for the replies lads. I'm finishing up sessions with a personal trainer in about 3 wks time,so want to join a gym and try and keep the fitness up.
    I think i'll give the trial period ago,thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bpoleary

jive wrote: »
    Lots of machines crammed into a tight space. Too warm in the evenings now that it is summer (no air con as far as I know, just open windows which doesn't do much when it's 20+ degrees out).

Early mornings are good, quiet enough. Evenings are generally very busy. Can't comment on the changing rooms. All in all it's a decent gym; also it's above Tesco and M&S which is handy if you do go in the evenings.

Does anyone know do they allow you to pick your preferred personal trainer when you go for one to one sessions, or is it completely down to them?

Advertisement