Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

washing machine broken

Options
  • 22-06-2015 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

hi i have a 3 yrs old washing machine
    its broken down twice first time whirlpool fixed it under warrenty
    same thing has broken again whirlpool said this time they fix it but its not under warranty the have offered to pay for parts and i pay labour which is 70 an hour and 50 call out charge
    i was advised to go back to the shop where i bought it and they rang whirlpool who said the same thing to them
    wrote a letter to the shop on advise from cunsumer rights and under sale of good., supply of servicers act 1980,, i have asked for a refund /replacement
    a washing machine should last at least 6 yrs has anyone done this before and what was the outcome ?:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Went through a similar thing myself but with a Dish Washer.
    They repaired a fault twice under warranty then started this same crap with me of wanting callouts paid as it was over 3 years old.

I didn't entertain their nonsense. I hand delivered a letter to the store manager giving them 7 days to contact me with details on a permanent fix for the reoccuring problem or details of when a replacement machine would be delivered or we would be going to the small claims court.

3 days later I got a call with a delivery date for a replacement machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dangerus06

got a reply today all they willing to do is pay for parts ,,, i end up bringing them to small claims court

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

dangerus06 wrote: »
    got a reply today all they willing to do is pay for parts ,,, i end up bringing them to small claims court

Whirlpool or the Shop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dangerus06

the shop

Advertisement