Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candy Cart Public Liability insurance

Options
  • 22-06-2015 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all. I am looking for some advice on public liability insurance for a candy cart. I've purchased the cart and decorated it and I've received a lot of interest for weddings. The only thing is most venues require public liability insurance. I've received a quote which seems quite expensive. Does anyone have any idea of how much I should be paying? Or have a policy themselves for similar business activity? Help is greatly appreciated , thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

what is expensive?

You should be able to get annual PL insurance for under €500

Try a broker such as CFM insurance (insurmyshop.ie insuremyvan.ie etc etc)

Basically the insurance is to cover anything taht can happen to someone if the cart fell, or the food on the cart. You will also need HSE registration (free) as you are selling a foodstuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Bizbroker.ie €2.6million liability cover for about €200.00

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wondering_1986

Bizbroker.ie €2.6million liability cover for about €200.00

Thank you guys that's very helpful. I was quoted 400 which I thought was a lot.

Advertisement