Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic hanging basket flowers?

Options
  • 22-06-2015 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

There is a trailing plant I see in basically every hanging basket around this time of year.
    What is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Petunia?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

Correct!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

What do I win? :D

My respect, I actually had some in, they just not doing as well as some others I've seen that are already fairly established looking.

Or any grass/drainage/chemical/machines based questions I'll answer for the next 30 days, how's that?
    I was a greenkeeper for ages, now student and do some gardens around town too, trying to get a few more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

Make sure you have trailing petunias - Surfinia are the normal 'brand' - and not bush ones. It's a common mistake people make.

Yeah I did this last year in up stairs window baskets and learnt my lesson. Cheers, I'll make sure I don't do again.
    Some ivy I had in the pots suddenly died, not sure why, they were doing grand for about 18 months, I looked at them last weekend and they'd totally dried out and died. I do a little garden in down and had not been there in 2 weeks. The soil was wet and the other plants in the container were fine.

Advertisement