Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole trader,

Options
  • 22-06-2015 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi I have being a sole trader for years... I am working on the same site for a number of years the owner of these dwellings paid me directly, however he has hired a project manager. My questions is : the project manager is keeping me on out there but wants me to sign a contract, therefore I don't know if I can sign a contract with him if I'm a sole trader?? Any help with this matter would be much appreciated pls.

Comments

Why couldn't you sign a contract as a sole trader? Does the project manager want you to be an employee of the company instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gunsnrose

Yes the project manager has his own building contractor and basically me he is taken me on so he would be paying me, but I will still be sole trader so it would be ok sign a contract?

Gunsnrose wrote: »
    Yes the project manager has his own building contractor and basically me he is taken me on so he would be paying me, but I will still be sole trader so it would be ok sign a contract?

Doesn't really make it clear mate if he wants you as an employee or to hire you as a outside contractor.

If its the latter its the same as you had before, so what are you worried about? Whats different about this guy compared to the last?

Advertisement