Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Feature Query

Options
  • 22-06-2015 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have an Irish start up and have sorted all the legals and tax myself.

I am looking for funding and if that comes through will be able to afford a full time developer.

In the meantime I have banging together a prototype website.

I have built sites on wordpress before but a mate who is a developer recommended Black Knight so they are hosting and I am using their templates.

However, I want to develop a particular feature where items can be pulled from one side of the page into a menu which will can be emailed in a draft format.

Is this something that would need to be designed bespoke or does something like it exist elsewhere that I could adopt?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

While commenting on hosting companies is prohibited, I must point out that you can use WordPress on any hosting company. You are familiar with WordPress so I suggest that you continue to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

i didnt know that was banned.

I cannot find what I am looking for on any of the hosting sites so I guess it will have to be bespoke

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Pretty much what Daymo said above.

Wordpress is not hosting-specific.

Also if you are looking for anything bespoke it's unlikely that you will be able to achieve it with Wordpress and free templates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Talisman

However, I want to develop a particular feature where items can be pulled from one side of the page into a menu which will can be emailed in a draft format.
    Are you describing an email template builder?

Advertisement