Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

De Bruyne on the bench, Yaya in the number 10 and Clichy in the squad is the team news of note tonight (oh and Navas starts)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

rojo bombing on for united ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

2-0 city

Sterling then fernandino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sterling has looked like Messi here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Martial through the centre?

Everyone back on board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Sterling has looked like Messi here

This is what i wanted from him on Saturday. Ffs.

FHFC wrote: »
    This is what i wanted from him on Saturday. Ffs.

Carrying a heavy knock now. Still on though.

City clean sheet gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Bony has a goal now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Bony has a goal now

Goal and assist tonight. Surprised the amount of people that were selling him after last week.

It's been all about Raheem tonight though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

All abord the bony train..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Heh poor Vardy I won't be getting him now.

Poor me come Sunday though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

City are through now aren't they?

4 attempts at goal by rojo so far and 2 sitters missed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

How's Kolarov playing? I really need him to start on Sunday or I could be playing treble WBA defence at Old Trafford.....

How's Kolarov playing? I really need him to start on Sunday or I could be playing treble WBA defence at Old Trafford.....

my defence is currently him darmian bellerin nyom and targett and begovic in goals
    id be happy at the prospect of having treble west brom!
    I've a bad bad bad feeling about this weekend

Sterling a constant threat. Strongly considering him.

Fellaini on for Martial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Sterling a constant threat. Strongly considering him.

He'ssinglehandedly restoring my faith in my transfers while.simultaneously pissing me off that he didn't get me double figures vs Norwich.

Ichena-eff-of-fio.

• Advertisement

Fellaini on for Martial

boooooooooooooo
    :D

Utd score! Rooney(lingard)

Rooney wagon
    scores in bursts
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm honestly not sure how bad a treble defence would be at OT :pac:

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm honestly not sure how bad a treble defence would be at OT :pac:

going to be a horrendous game
    I may even bench mata to be honest
    and then sell him
    after holding him for this run of fixtures it will be annoying but possibly necessary

Arsenal: Čech, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Gabriel, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla; Campbell, Özil, Sánchez, Giroud. #UCL
    Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 22m22 minutes ago
    .@6_LKOSCIELNY is on the bench for #BAYvAFC as a precaution due to a minor hip problem

Team v Dynamo Kiev: Begovic; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Terry (c), Baba Rahman; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Fabregas, Oscar; Diego Costa. #CFC
    Chelsea subs: Blackman, Cahill, Loftus-Cheek, Kenedy, Hazard, Pedro, Remy. #CFC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Didnt realise Roma have Szechny, Gervinho, Dzeko and Salah up against Javier Hernandez for Leverkusen, lot of ex PL players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Giroud goal
    Sanchez assist

Chelsea have conceded
    Begovic mistake
    Bye bye
    Taking a hit . Can't be looking at him any longer

goal and assist for Willian tonight !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

spock. wrote: »
    Giroud goal
    Sanchez assist

Giroud showing why he should be started over Theo - he seems to score every game - regardless of game time, where as Walcott misses chances every game.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Giroud showing why he should be started over Theo - he seems to score every game - regardless of game time, where as Walcott misses chances every game.

That's a fairly simplistic view. Walcott offers something entirely different and his pace creates a lot of chances for himself. His pace also forces teams to sit back which creates space for other players namely sanchez. Sanchez had his good run this year with theo up front and his best form last year when Giroud was injured and wellbeck played up front a lot. Giroud is a better finisher no question but Walcott ends up with more chances and ends up scoring a lot. Arsenal had 2 devestating attacking displays this year Leicester away and utd at home. Walcott was up top for both games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Kane goal, not sure who assisted.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Kane goal, not sure who assisted.

Eriksen

lougal88 wrote: »
    Eriksen

this is what he does.........home to villa in league blanks
    Europa league gets points :D

That's a fairly simplistic view. Walcott offers something entirely different and his pace creates a lot of chances for himself. His pace also forces teams to sit back which creates space for other players namely sanchez. Sanchez had his good run this year with theo up front and his best form last year when Giroud was injured and wellbeck played up front a lot. Giroud is a better finisher no question but Walcott ends up with more chances and ends up scoring a lot. Arsenal had 2 devestating attacking displays this year Leicester away and utd at home. Walcott was up top for both games.

From a FF POV, you want a player to be scoring points, weather or not he offers the team pace or something entirely different than Giroud is irrelevant when he's not getting the goals that he is in your team for.

You mention the Leicester game where they scored 5, he started the game and played for 79 mins and yet only got 1 goal, Giroud played for 11 mins and scored. Ground doesn't need as many chances as Walcott.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    From a FF POV, you want a player to be scoring points, weather or not he offers the team pace or something entirely different than Giroud is irrelevant when he's not getting the goals that he is in your team for.

You mention the Leicester game where they scored 5, he started the game and played for 79 mins and yet only got 1 goal, Giroud played for 11 mins and scored. Ground doesn't need as many chances as Walcott.

Giroud was dropped from the team because arsenal had failed to score in 5 of their 6 home games over the end of last season and start of this season and wasnt playing particularly well or scoring and foolishly got himself sent off in the cl . Walcott played up front against wba and scored a hat trick in the one game that walcott started over Giroud. I agree Giroud doesn't need as many chances as walcott but if we want to look at it from an ff pt of view walcott gets an extra point from each goal and an extra pt if arsenal keep a cs. Your original statement though was more about why isn't Giroud always picked ahead of walcott . I like Giroud as a player him and walcott offer different things and both if played regularly due to their price are great options. Different game's will suit each player. Walcott as classed as a mid is imo the best player in the game if played regularly but unfortunately from an ff point of view he isn't. Giroud is on a nice run of goals at the moment . When walcott starts he also scores a lot of goals.

Is Mahrez due to play for Algeria over the international break?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Bolasie scored today for the DRC (sounds like a GAA resolution committee) and played 90 minutes which means he didn't get injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Any terrestrial station covering the Norway game tonight ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

CToqOwoW4AAqUVb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sanchez starts for Chile. Brazil v Argentina has been suspended and likely to be postponed due to heavy rain.

Sanchez starts for Chile. Brazil v Argentina has been suspended and likely to be postponed due to heavy rain.

No messi and aguero would suit Argentina.

No messi and aguero would suit Argentina.

Rescheduled to same time tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Deulofeu is really tempting me but I can't help but think it'll end up in frustration.

Any Everton fans on here got thoughts on him?

• Advertisement

Begovic can't even keep a Clean sheet against us:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Tonight, Paris (and in extento France) is in a state of war. We suffered the bloodiest terrorrist attacks of our history. Over 100 dead people from several simultaneously coordinated attacks (suicide bombing near Stade de France, shootouts in Friday evening crowded Parisian streets, bloody hostage taking in Bataclan during Eagles of Death Metal live show).

The best answer we can give to these "things" (don't think they deserved to be called "people") is, like we did back in January, to stay united, to show we are not afraid and to keep living our "normal" life.

So here, I'll just focus back on topic and show you, if you've not seen it, Martial wonderful play (this kid really has an amazing potential) for Giroud opening goal. We beat Germany 2-0 but the second goal (Gignac powerful header in the top corner from a brilliant Matuidi's cross) has no FPL interest.

By the way, SDF officials & public authorities dealt pretty well with the stadium evacuation of 80,000 people in such circumstance. They pretty much avoided crowd panic moves/reactions.

-

In other FPL-related news, Spain beat England 2-0 with a Santi Cazorla goal and Belgium beat Italy 3-1 with a KDB goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Terrible events with serious consequences to come.

I hope you and your family and friends are safe and sound iroced.

Not the news I wanted to see after coming back late from work...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

wonski wrote: »
    Terrible events with serious consequences to come.

I hope you and your family and friends are safe and sound iroced.

Not the news I wanted to see after coming back late from work...
    Cheers for the concern wonski.

Outside my parents, my sister and myself, my whole familly and a couple of close friends live in Paris or its suburbs. One of my cousin actually lives in the 10th district (where the street shootouts happened). I know he's safe. I haven't yet confirmation that they're all safe. They should all be since there's no reason why they would have been close to any of the attacked part of Paris yesterday evening. And I'd have heard from the ones I talked to if something could have happened to the other ones. But you can't help but feel that there's always the possibility that one of them could have been drinking/eating/partying or just walking in the street at the wrong place at the wrong time...

Terrible evening, terrible day. L'Equipe summed it up appropriately.
    une_14112015_v65.jpg

The game in England is maintained though. So far. And I think it's a good thing. Cancelling it would somehow show the terorrists they "won".

Just to finish, about the players reactions (I saw you talked about it in an other thread), Lassana Diarra may not want to play since he lost one of his cousin. And Griezmann had his sister in the Bataclan, fortunately for him and her she's safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

iroced wrote: »
    Cheers for the concern wonski.

Outside my parents, my sister and myself, my whole familly and a couple of close friends live in Paris or its suburbs. One of my cousin actually lives in the 10th district (where the street shootouts happened). I know he's safe. I haven't yet confirmation that they're all safe. They should all be since there's no reason why they would have been close to any of the attacked part of Paris yesterday evening. And I'd have heard from the ones I talked to if something could have happened to the other ones. But you can't help but feel that there's always the possibility that one of them could have been drinking/eating/partying or just walking in the street at the wrong place at the wrong time...

Terrible evening, terrible day. L'Equipe summed it up appropriately.
    une_14112015_v65.jpg

The game in England is maintained though. So far. And I think it's a good thing. Cancelling it would somehow show the terorrists they "won".

Just to finish, about the players reactions (I saw you talked about it in an other thread), Lassana Diarra may not want to play since he lost one of his cousin. And Griezmann had his sister in the Bataclan, fortunately for him and her she's safe.

I don't know what what to say. I knew you're not living in Paris but when it was all unfolding last night I was thinking about you and hoping all was well. I'm so glad you and everyone you knew are ok, or so it seems.

I know we're basically strangers on the Internet with an obsessive hobby but a lot of us have been in almost daily contact for a few years now and Im positive we were all hoping for the best in what must have been such a frightening time.I always feel I know a little more educated about French sport and culture after every post of yours :)

The FSA is here and we'll continue talking about fantasy sports for years to come. Here's to Fantasy Euro 2016 :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement