Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

spock. wrote: »
    Porto OG
    Costa assist

Hazard assist the assist with a nice through ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Giroud Goal
    Rambo assist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Giroud again
    Campbell assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

giroud again
    Campbell assist

Willian (Hazard)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Hat trick Giroud

Hat trick Giroud

he is in good form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

km79 wrote: »
    he is in good form

5 goals in 5 days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Liverpool XI vs. Sion: Mignolet; Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Smith; Henderson, Milner, Can; Lallana, Firmino, Origi.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Coutinho is on the bench

• Advertisement

#THFC team: Lloris (c), Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies; Carroll, Dier; Clinton, Onomah, Lamela; Son
    #THFC subs: Vorm, Carter-Vickers, Alli, Bentaleb, Chadli, Townsend, Kane #COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Has Coutinho been brought on yet?

Edit: Decided to stop my laziness and look up the live updates! He came on at 60 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Has Coutinho been brought on yet?

Was first sub to come on after about 60 mins.

2-0 Spurs
    Lamela with both goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Lamela hat trick. Won't see Kane tonight so.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Spurs have so many really good midfielders I think that no player is more than one poor game away from rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Davies takes .2m from me, finally sell him and now he pops up with an assist? That little huare better not weasel his way back into the first team now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Davies takes .2m from me, finally sell him and now he pops up with an assist? That little huare better not weasel his way back into the first team now!

Thought he was good tonight. Him and Rose together in your squad might be worth exploring. (I can't remember who but they suggested this with Taggert and Bertrand earlier in the season and didn't really get any discussion)
    I'm thinking of doing it with the Newcastle GK pair when I WC and the principle would be the same.... wouldn't it?
    Is it the lack of Budget pressure and the chips that simply makes this strategy unnecessary/stupid or is it still a reasonable tactic?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

ElTel wrote: »
    Thought he was good tonight. Him and Rose together in your squad might be worth exploring. (I can't remember who but they suggested this with Taggert and Bertrand earlier in the season and didn't really get any discussion)
    I'm thinking of doing it with the Newcastle GK pair when I WC and the principle would be the same.... wouldn't it?
    Is it the lack of Budget pressure and the chips that simply makes this strategy unnecessary/stupid or is it still a reasonable tactic?

I remember you mentioning this before and I think it is a good point - particularly regarding goalkeepers.
    But, as you say with our currently lack of financial pressure, it would only really benefit you on days where your 4th defender wasn't up to scratch and spurs have good fixtures.
    For example: if spurs have a tough fixture, 2 of your 5 defenders are out of contention.
    If spurs have a good fixture, the benefit would only accrue if your 4th defender had a bad fixture.
    And it could be pretty bad during a double game week as that would be a time where you could expect rotation to occur.

However DDG + his replacement Romero have 73 points combined (10.3 million) or Butland and Haugaard (stoke no. 2) have 74 (9.3 million).

Can't believe I have never bought Butland. Some other transfer always comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Keeping Taggert in your team would be MURDER!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That was me I think. Have Berty and Targett still. If Berty was to get injured Targett is there was my logic.
    Now... It's not looking like Berty is a season keeper but nevertheless, Targett is staying with me for the season, he can drop to 2.9m for all I care as he's my 5th defender and you only lose "real" value if you sell and replace them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Mignolet,
    Clyne, Toure, Lovren, Moreno,
    Lucas, Can, Allen,
    Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino

Bogdan, Milner, Benteke, Brannagan, Ibe, Smith, Randall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Coutinho off after 18 mins. Hammy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Liverpool 1 up at half time, Ibe scored it. If he was guaranteed game time would make for a good cheap 5th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Lights On wrote: »
    Liverpool 1 up at half time, Ibe scored it. If he was guaranteed game time would make for a good cheap 5th.

Didn't realise he was just 4.5. Ah well Stanislas for the win anyway.:P

City XI: Caballero, Sagna, Mangala, Otamendi, Clichy, Delph, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Toure (C), Silva, Aguero

Subs: Hart, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernando, Sterling, Navas, Iheanacho #evertonvcity #mcfc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Looking forward to seeing this City match, will hopefully be a good inclination of what's to come when they play again in the league next week!

I actually hope Aguero stays quiet in both cup games so nobody rushes to get him in, before his hattrick in the league.

Save it for the PL Sergio, and the lads that already believe in you!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

FHFC wrote: »
    I actually hope Aguero stays quiet in both cup games so nobody rushes to get him in, before his hattrick in the league.

Save it for the PL Sergio, and the lads that already believe in you!!! :)

In theory, your regression of the mean analysis would mean it would actually be preferable for Aguero to stay quiet as it would be more likely for him to score in the Premier League :D

Deulofeu starts, come on and do something so I don't have to transfer you out anytime soon! Hopefully him and Lennon rotate so that Lennon plays the FA Cup and Gerard plays the next PL game!

• Advertisement

Mori goal for Everton

Barkley assist

Am I right in saying city have an awful record at goodison

Anyone watching? Lukaku seems to be playing well from fotmob updates...

He's looking sharp. Commentator is blaming him for going offside too much but I think it's more so that the ball is not being released quick enough to him. Deulofeu has been the main culprit for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yes he's looking very sharp. Everton are looking very dangerous on the break with Barkley and Deulofeu. Aguero just missed a great chance, it's a good match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Lukaku and Barkley look sharp, Delofeu (subbed now) wasteful. City living on scraps in second half

• Advertisement

Navas. Aguero assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Navas goal :D

can't remember the last time i heard that

Aguero assist

Excellent assist it was too.

Lukaku goal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

that was an unreal assist from aguero. What a touch to bring the ball down and then the perfect pass. Lukaku is hurt.

• Advertisement

i sense an Aguero equaliser

Lukaku subbed.
    It looks like he's pulled something.

Lukaku subbed off limping a bit hopefully it's nothing serious

Lukaku off with gammy ankle. Doesnt look too bad

Lukaku off with gammy ankle. Doesnt look too bad

Ah well might get Costa so ;)

km79 wrote: »
    Ah well might get Costa so ;)

Shhh... he's just for us desperate people...

Coleman went off injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Aguero given 90.

Hope he doesn't play another 90 the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Liverpool team to face Exeter: Bogdan, Randall, Ilori, Enrique, Smith, Teixeira, Brannagan, Stewart, Kent, Sinclair, Benteke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Liverpool draw 2-2. Fixture pileup++

• Advertisement
Advertisement